/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build
The lids

20130330_204042_zps9de7710c.jpg

20130330_204056_zpsfa240d2c.jpg

The cylinders

20130330_204535_zps5dbe0f14.jpg

One of the pins

20130330_204550_zps957c9bc2.jpg

I had the lids and the grapple under a 1000 watt work light to help cure the paint. It certainly was not easy to paint.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #262  
So what exactly is the spacing between the tines ? I count 9, but how wide ?

When i bought my front loader bucket, the previous owner had welded five 2.5 x 1.5" bars in it to use it as a silage fork, but never finished the project. I cut the welds and use the bucket as is, but i allways had in mind to make a brush fork or grab from these tines.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #263  
While I understand the reason for all the lightening cut out holes, I wonder how much a PIA they will be with twigs being caught in them. Just a thought and maybe not the problem I envision.

Nice build and good documentation.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #264  
While I understand the reason for all the lightening cut out holes, I wonder how much a PIA they will be with twigs being caught in them. Just a thought and maybe not the problem I envision.

I wonder the same thing about the expanded metal? :confused3:

I have twigs and small branches catch in mine when opened and dumped. :(

Look at all the wire and cable caught in it now! :laughing:

P8030009.JPG

So what exactly is the spacing between the tines ? I count 9, but how wide ?

When i bought my front loader bucket, the previous owner had welded five 2.5 x 1.5" bars in it to use it as a silage fork, but never finished the project. I cut the welds and use the bucket as is, but i allways had in mind to make a brush fork or grab from these tines.

They are a little over 8 1/2" apart.

Thanks. I doubt that they holes will catch much stuff. A stick would have to get wedged almost perfectly to get caught.

I wonder the same thing about the expanded metal? :confused3:

I have twigs and small branches catch in mine when opened and dumped. :(

Look at all the wire and cable caught in it now! :laughing:

View attachment 310836

I guess some stuff will get caught in the expanded metal but I would rather have a stuck twig than something fall back on the tractor.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #266  
Excellent job Roger! I like that EA stayed out of the build to give us all a realistic idea on the process. Albeit you skills and progress would most likely exceed anything I could do. It is great the EA was / is available for comment and clarification directly to you though. I do wonder how much of a problem it would be to them if someone was over their head building a kit and contacting them continuously! Looking forward to the pricing that EA determines the kits should be.

Thanks EA and Roger!

Brian

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #267  
I see - your design is a bit different than mine so the mesh would interfere with the QA, perhaps (might depend on how tight it is to start with). On mine the QA attaches on the outer edge as it is 48" so mesh in the middle interferes with nothing. I wouldn't worry about catching twigs in the mesh too much. I find it rarely happens. The larger holes in the tines may be more susceptible to that. You'll find out. When dealing with brush, crap get everywhere...

Looks nice!:thumbsup:

Excellent job Roger! I like that EA stayed out of the build to give us all a realistic idea on the process. Albeit you skills and progress would most likely exceed anything I could do. It is great the EA was / is available for comment and clarification directly to you though. I do wonder how much of a problem it would be to them if someone was over their head building a kit and contacting them continuously! Looking forward to the pricing that EA determines the kits should be.

Thanks EA and Roger!

Brian

Thanks, Brian. I think if they go forward with the kits and have instructions it should answer the majority of questions.

I see - your design is a bit different than mine so the mesh would interfere with the QA, perhaps (might depend on how tight it is to start with). On mine the QA attaches on the outer edge as it is 48" so mesh in the middle interferes with nothing. I wouldn't worry about catching twigs in the mesh too much. I find it rarely happens. The larger holes in the tines may be more susceptible to that. You'll find out. When dealing with brush, crap get everywhere...

Looks nice!:thumbsup:

Thanks, Dave.

Here is a crappy picture. I have more but the photobucket app is not cooperating. I will take some better pics later.

20130401_164309_zpsfaf51b10.jpg

I changed wireless networks and they uploaded.

20130401_164300_zpsdbda80a4.jpg

20130401_164349_zpsbd5f2d21.jpg

20130401_164235_zps6d7a3cd2.jpg

20130401_164152_zps3da70fed.jpg

20130401_164204_zps685d61ff.jpg

20130401_164209_zpsea3e159c.jpg

20130401_164215_zps4d9eeecf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.