Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build
Nicely done!

To hold the hoses together, Tyraps?
I have black Tyraps to keep the hoses together, and 2 different colours on the left and right Quick Coupler, so you always put the hoses on right ;).

Thanks. I think I may get some hose jacket to hold the hose together and it will add some extra protection to the hoses. The 3rd function on the loader has 1 male and 1 female quick disconnect so they can't be reversed.
IMG_20120716_142237.jpg

I again want to thank Everything Attachments for the opportunity. The kit went together smoothly. The indexing tabs really helped simplify the assembly. Since this was the first kit they emailed me a copy of the drawings plus they also sent me some large copies of the drawings. I used the drawings a lot throughout the assembly process plus I used the pictures of the grapple on their website. I had a couple of questions throughout the assembly. I think that instructions would have covered them. (Not complaining) Anytime I had a question Travis was right on top of it. The kit was top notch quality. I was impressed at how well the pieces were cut out. I is a well engineered product. I think the kit is a great idea. It is good for someone looking to save some money or for somebody who like to build stuff. When you get done you can paint it a custom color. The $320 DC stick welder I used shows that you do not have to own a high dollar welder to build the kit. I would recommend EA to anyone looking to purchase a attachment.

I cleaned the tractor up a little today and took some pictures of the grapple on it with the digital camera.

IMG_0603_zps35e97c3e.jpg

IMG_0604_zps1039184c.jpg

IMG_0605_zps64566f14.jpg

I was close to a brush pile when I took the pictures so I could not resist the temptation to go ahead and try it out.

IMG_0606_zps097127ad.jpg

I think it works good.

IMG_0607_zpsb64a79e4.jpg

IMG_0608_zps842a5c66.jpg

IMG_0609_zps991c81e1.jpg

Then there was a mess on the ground close to the brush pile. Cleaning up this made me glad that I had a 72" grapple. If you are going along cleaning up brush and you have a grapple that is narrower than the tractor you will be running over that mess.

IMG_0610_zps7d79a5bb.jpg

So I cleaned it up. I was wet down there, and they are calling for rain tomorrow so I'll have to let it dry out before I play any more.

IMG_0611_zps69d8cb3f.jpg

Here it is after use

IMG_0614_zpsaff2cf7d.jpg

IMG_0613_zps8051d918.jpg

The 7' blade is not the best thing for a ballast because it is so wide but I is the heaviest QH compatible implement that I have.

It also works good for carrying stuff

IMG_20130404_200157_zpscbff34ae.jpg

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #284  
Looks great Roger, but I gotta say, somethn' aint right on that tractor. Should have shot that quick hitch while you had orange paint in your gun.

Looks great Roger, but I gotta say, somethn' aint right on that tractor. Should have shot that quick hitch while you had orange paint in your gun.

I was going to but I was having problems with the both of the paint guns and I took me a like a hour to get the HVLP gun working. I got mad and almost did not paint the grapple. It was my fault it should have been cleaned a better after I used it the last time. It is quite a job painting the grapple. I have some implements that are going need painted and are going to turn orange so it will get it then.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #286  
Looks and works good. :thumbsup:

I like the touch of green! :)\

Did you have a problem with hose length?

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #287  
Looks great, Roger, now you're just going to have to touch it up with the paint again. :laughing:

Looks and works good. :thumbsup:

I like the touch of green! :)\

Did you have a problem with hose length?

Thanks. The hoses are fine but it would be better if they were 2" longer.

Looks great, Roger, now you're just going to have to touch it up with the paint again. :laughing:

Thanks Jay, it already has a few battle scars:hissyfit: Using the grapple is now my favorite thing to do on the tractor.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #289  
Excellent build and excellent write-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.