Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #31  
Nice pictures too. The well lit, uncluttered workspace really helps.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #32  
ETA, Looks like a great kit. I'm looking forward to getting an idea of price. Looks like a fun and relatively easy project, but the price still has to be right. Since you wanted to do a box blade and you're doing a grapple, how long until we can expect a price on these two kits?

Great work Roger. Even with all the indexing, I can see how people could (and will) screw it up because they just throw it together without thinking a couple steps ahead like you're doing.

Thanks Ken, we don't have any real idea on price as of yet. Ted is just waiting to see how the first kit works out and go from there.
Looks great so far!

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #33  
Thanks Ken, we don't have any real idea on price as of yet. Ted is just waiting to see how the first kit works out and go from there.
Looks great so far!

Let me know if he needs help with Canadian pricing for that grapple :laughing:

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build
Sorry for the delayed replies. For some reason I have not be getting notification or email on my subscribed threads:confused3:

Great work Roger. Even with all the indexing, I can see how people could (and will) screw it up because they just throw it together without thinking a couple steps ahead like you're doing.

Thanks Ken. The indexing really does help but you still have to make sure everything is square. Without the indexing it would have been tough to tack all of the tines and have them sitting were they need to be.

Nice pictures too. The well lit, uncluttered workspace really helps.

Thanks. I actually wish it was brighter in there, I have some more lights I need to put up. I was hoping to have them up before I started the grapple.

Looks great so far!

Thanks, everything is rolling along pretty smoothly.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build
The last tine is on.

20130301_181414_zps6e3bb255.jpg

Random pics

20130301_181400_zps43325a65.jpg

20130301_181356_zps8df835fc.jpg

Holding the tines in place to be tacked to the pipe.

20130301_214311_zpsbadd1b48.jpg

Flipped up so the tines can be tacked to the pipe on the bottom.

20130301_181429_zps11698f09.jpg

Right now I have most of of tines tacked to the pipe. Then I guess the next step will be to finish weld everything that has been tacked.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #36  
Looking good! It's a real nice design, keep up the good work.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #37  
Keep track of the hrs you put into it, that would be nice to know

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #38  
Nice work Roger. EA is thinking out of the box on this, my hats off to them and hoping this is a success as a profitable endevor for them. Roger it looks like you are doing a great job making sure the build is square and true. What welder and rod are you using AC or DC and what amps. Just curious. nice looking welds too. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #39  
EA claims this to be a special alloy steel, though I don't think they have ever stated what kind exactly. Any difference welding it vs. regular mild steel?

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #40  
Sorry for the delayed replies. For some reason I have not be getting notification or email on my subscribed threads:confused3:

Thanks Ken. The indexing really does help but you still have to make sure everything is square. Without the indexing it would have been tough to tack all of the tines and have them sitting were they need to be.

Thanks. I actually wish it was brighter in there, I have some more lights I need to put up. I was hoping to have them up before I started the grapple.

The free lights you won from Baja should light up your free grapple really well...

Status
Not open for further replies.