Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #41  
Excellent build so far Roger.

I think this illustrates that even with the cut and tabbed parts, there is still a lot of fab skills and tools required to end up with a well built ans SQUARE finished product. I noticed the bottle jack in the second last pic above:D

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build
Looking good! It's a real nice design, keep up the good work.

Thank you. I like the design of the grapple too.

Keep track of the hrs you put into it, that would be nice to know

You guys will laugh at me if you knew much how time I have in it.

Nice work Roger. EA is thinking out of the box on this, my hats off to them and hoping this is a success as a profitable endevor for them. Roger it looks like you are doing a great job making sure the build is square and true. What welder and rod are you using AC or DC and what amps. Just curious. nice looking welds too. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you. The welder is DC, DCEP. It is set at a little less than 115 amps and the rods are E7018 -1. I'll post a pic of the welder at the end so stay tuned:laughing:

EA claims this to be a special alloy steel, though I don't think they have ever stated what kind exactly. Any difference welding it vs. regular mild steel?

It does weld a little different that regular steel.

Here is a quote on the steel.

I can tell you've done your homework. We are using Grade 80 for a couple different reasons.
A main reason for choosing Grade 80 is that it is plenty strong for this application and anything more, we believe, would unnecessarily inflate the cost.
None of our suppliers have T1 steel available under 1/2".
T1 steel is a lot more temperamental to machine and weld than what we are using.
The low quality cell phone photos may be making the tines look short but they're really not. We'll have some high quality pics on the website in the near future.(and a video)

The free lights you won from Baja should light up your free grapple really well...

I'll be running it around the clock:laughing:

Excellent build so far Roger.

I think this illustrates that even with the cut and tabbed parts, there is still a lot of fab skills and tools required to end up with a well built ans SQUARE finished product. I noticed the bottle jack in the second last pic above:D

Thank you Jason. I was using the jack to keep everything in place.

The top of the end tines are welded completely.

20130302_224307_zps9f953f98.jpg

20130302_224233_zps6e751a35.jpg

All of the tines have the top, front, and bottom welded.

20130302_224752_zpsf7998ecd.jpg

20130302_224641_zpsfccc237a.jpg

It looks like it may have been warm.

20130302_225231_zpsefb33c4d.jpg

The tines still need welded to the pipe, they are just tacked.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #44  
It sure looks like you are doing a heck of a good job Roger, It really looks great..:thumbsup:

James K0UA

It sure looks like you are doing a heck of a good job Roger, It really looks great..:thumbsup:

James K0UA

Thanks James.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #46  
You do some purty welding.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #47  
Great build thread, Roger. You are coming along nicely.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #48  
I like very much good job great welds/ I dont mean to be nosy I noticed peaple saying you won this and lights how do I find out about the contests to win freebees. thanks and thats nan awsome kit after I build loader maybe?

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #49  
This is really an interesting project. A great idea and certainly a skillful assembly. However, as a longtime grapple user, I see many flaws and shortcomings in the design that would concern me. However this is not to detract from the concept of a project like this nor the builders skill. But if this is a prototype, there are many changes I would make to the design that would improve its function and simplicity. Just throwing that in the mix. Wish I had the skill of the builder! Nice job.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #50  
I like very much good job great welds/ I dont mean to be nosy I noticed peaple saying you won this and lights how do I find out about the contests to win freebees. thanks and thats nan awsome kit after I build loader maybe?

The way I found out about it was, every day I click "TODAY'S POSTS" at the top of the page and see what looks interesting to me. Look at the first page of this thread for more info.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/271507-everything-attachments-wicked-grapple-build.html

Status
Not open for further replies.