Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #61  
You guys that feel left out of the free stuff-did you make any effort on your own behalf? Some famous guy once said something to the effect that a big part of life is just showing up. And I think the grapple wasn't just a lottery. It was a TBN vote in combination with EA's accessment that the winner was reflective of a potential customer for such a kit.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #62  
Yea Really:laughing:

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #63  
94BULLITT;

Any plans for paint? If so what type do you plan on using and why?

Good job so far

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build
94BULLITT;

Any plans for paint? If so what type do you plan on using and why?

Good job so far

I will probably use some Dupont self etching primer, that stuff is good. As of now I think I am going to go with Kubota Bright Orange II. It is acrylic enamel. It is the right color for the tractor and I like painted to match implements/ attachments. I need to figure out what kind of hardener to get and how much I should use because I want something durable.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #65  
but green looks so much better! :laughing:

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #67  
this did inspire me to do a front end loader build soon so I can add a grapple as IM in the tree business and think this would be the way to get limbs to chipper. earlier I was kidding for by his build he was the perfect example to see how its done Im a stick welder any way. thanks for info.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #68  
Roger,
That grapple is coming along great. Workmanship looks first class too.:thumbsup:

I think I would consider powdercoating this when finished.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #69  
The tines would be a start but there are still so many complicated pieces you would still need. Why not buy a whole kit and everything will go together smoothly. The 3x3 tubing on the kit has a bunch of laser cut holes in it for the tines, QA, lid hinges, and cylinder mounts. It would be way harder to put the grapple together without the indexing tabs which you would be loosing.

They could redesign the tines with square holes to slide on the square tubing like the round tube at the bottom. But even if they offered the kit two ways, complete or only special cut pieces, I bet 90% would buy complete kit.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build
Roger,
That grapple is coming along great. Workmanship looks first class too.:thumbsup:

I think I would consider powdercoating this when finished.

Thanks. I thought about having it powdercated but I had a friend tell me the local guy charged $300 to do the racks on his company truck. I thought he would want a lot to the grapple. I also have mixed feeling about powder coating. I have seen some hold up good and sometimes it flack off. The racks on this truck were holding up well and they had been on it for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.