Most popular sparyer boom length????

/ Most popular sparyer boom length???? #1  

hotchkiss

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 6330, JD 5055e, Ford 4000,
I am going to build a 200 gallon three point sprayer. What is the most popular boom length 20, 24 foot or some other size?

/ Most popular sparyer boom length???? #2  
some multiple of a 30" row, and most likely a 4,6,8, 12, 16, 24, 32, 48 etc, at least it was

so one spraying could follow the rows in row crop, usually the nozzle spacing was such to spray between the rows,

my old sprayer booms were based on a 6 row unit, as I had a 6 row planter and header,

now the big stuff uses GPS and 70 to 130 or more foot booms, the engineering behind the booms is amazing, to get them to ride at 15 mph through a field and float and not crash on the tips, and to fold up, etc,

probably for your needs about 20 to 21 foot booms would be good,

/ Most popular sparyer boom length????
Corn beans and clover. This sprayer is mainly for food
Plots.

/ Most popular sparyer boom length???? #6  
If its just for food plots I would go boomless nozzles.. fast and easy !

/ Most popular sparyer boom length???? #7  
I built a tow behind sprayer and I built it for the dimensions of "fitting in the garage" in mind. Seems to be the biggest issue for me. Make sure that you get a big enough pump for the number of tips you'll have. A bit much and having the regulator open a bit is better than not enough to get an effective spray pattern.

/ Most popular sparyer boom length????
I hate a boomless sprayer. IMHO they do not work very well at all compared to boom sprayer. Perhaps my experience has been different than others, but I can't say much that would be positive about that setup.

/ Most popular sparyer boom length???? #9  
When Dad was growing tobacco, the boom on his sprayer covered 14 rows. So somewhere in the neighborhood of 26 feet. To make sure the outside row was covered well, he had two nozzles about 6 inches apart on the end. Originally the sprayer was only set up to cover 12 rows. The boom was made out of 1" square steel tubing so it wasn't hard splice and extend. Just make sure you have enough supports to hold up the boom. Dad's had a chain attached in two places on the boom that attached up high to the 3-point frame (roughly the half way point and then closer to the end). The whole thing was about 12 ft tall to give enough height to support the boom so it would clear the tobacco. The boom was only on one side, so it wasn't the easiest thing to hook up. The boom also swiveled so that if you hit it on something it didn't break and to make it easier to transport. So long story short, make it whatever length you want or your pump will support and not tip over your tractor.

I've since removed the boom and got a hand held wand to spray fence rows with herbicide. It will spray about 50 feet at PTO speed.

/ Most popular sparyer boom length???? #10  
200 gal for food plots? How big are your food plots?