Pole puller

/ Pole puller #1  

smoker

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B9200
Well here I am again asking the you folks for ideas. I have a flag pole that is 2 1/2" in diameter that has a busted pulley. I need to pull this pole to replace it. I have a B9200 with a loader. Thanks in advance, smoker:confused:

/ Pole puller #2  
Choke it and pull it up with your loader

/ Pole puller
It's ~20' above the ground and ~ 4' deep. I'm sure I put in into another pipe but the ground here is kinda stiff and I can't expose the base. I've tried using a chain before on similar problems and it just mostly slips. You can bet I'll build something that allows me to pull a bolt and pivot it down.

/ Pole puller #5  
Drill a 1/2" whole through both sides, put a 3/8" bolt through whole, use chain on bolt to lift.

Later on use the hole you drilled as the pivot point for new install.

/ Pole puller
Simple and effective. Thank you Sir, smoker

/ Pole puller #7  
A couple of high-lift jacks, one on each side, may work better than using your FEL.

/ Pole puller
Have several jacks around but not that type. Got some pretty long bolts from a previous adventure that should do the trick. Thanks, GM

/ Pole puller #9  
Theoretically, if you put one extension ladder on each side, and had two guys of basically equal weight going up them at the same time, you could simply change the pulley from the ladders.

I would make sure the feet are of the ladders are flipped up, and pressed into the soil. And, tie the ladders off on both sides of the pole at the top.

You could even fab up something attach to the top of one, or both of the ladders to hold them in place at the top.

/ Pole puller #10  
have some kid crawl up it, when in High school the kids would climb and write there names on the ball all the time,

put the loader on one side and a ladder on the other and you should be able to fix it, if your concerned about the ladder rope the top of ladder an and tie it off, use two ropes and go out to the sides to keep it from slippig side ways