Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    traded MF135 for a 2605 4x4

Default Re: Ideas on how to move a shed...

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck in training View Post
    Second that.
    I have done the skid and drag and it worked well. But made the platform so that the building just rested on the platform. But if u don't have the timbers, then the trailer option would probably be the best as u are not buying something u don't need. Some of the buildings around here are made on skids. On those, I would think u could hook to them and drag them 500 yards.

Tractor
    JD 3320

Quote Originally Posted by cmore View Post
    I have done the skid and drag and it worked well. But made the platform so that the building just rested on the platform. But if u don't have the timbers, then the trailer option would probably be the best as u are not buying something u don't need. Some of the buildings around here are made on skids. On those, I would think u could hook to them and drag them 500 yards.
    Shed does have a wooden floor and is mounted on 4x4's. Not sure if there runnin lenght wise or side to side. Lenght wise would be better.
    I suppose i could rig up something going to my 3pt and lift it then drag it home..

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    john deere

Frugal is good ,500.00 is cheap . Now drag it down the road 500 yds and you will have a kit to reassemble , but it won't be in the.packaged form . Call the shed mover .

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MT180D

Quote Originally Posted by blueriver View Post
    How about some skids ... old telephone poles, 6x6, 4" pipe ? Get them under it and drag her home.
    Exactly what I'd do!
    Use skids about 3-4 ft longer than shed and fasten firmly cross bars (spreaders) front and back.
    Taper the fronts of the skids so that they don't dig in.
    If you are crossing sensitive areas (flower beds, walks etc) lay old 2 by stock for the skids to slide on, even old punky plywood is also good.
    Hose down surfaces that the skids slide better.
    Should be very easy to do.
    Good luck and have fun.

Tractor
    JD 3320

Quote Originally Posted by kevin37b View Post
    Frugal is good ,500.00 is cheap . Now drag it down the road 500 yds and you will have a kit to reassemble , but it won't be in the.packaged form . Call the shed mover .
    I will get this shed home on my own, and in the same shape b4 the move. Mover wants $250 for less then a hr's work including his travle both ways....

Tractor
    JD 3320

Theres only one turn I have to make out of his drive, and then its straight shot into my drive. Then have to back it up 80' or so to its new home. I'll look under it this week to see if the 4x4 runners bolted to the floor and going lenght ways. If my neighbor can help me with his tractor, I'll use mine and my equipment trailer.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Around here, a towing company (or preferably a small shop) with a rollback wrecker would do that move for $100 on a slow day.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    B2920

If your tractor has a FEL and the Kioti of your neighbors does, it would be so quick and easy to just raise it up, back the trailer under it, then use both tractors to unload it. Much less danger of damaging the shed that way

Tractor
    Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe

I like this thread. I can imagine all of us standing around at the OP's place with our coveralls on, bud or coffee in hand discussing how to move the old shed.

"Well I remember back in 78 when ole Clem Smith had to move a shed just like this. Cept his shed had tin siding cuz Merle Barcklay used to keep chickens in it and the weasels was a chewin thru the wood siding."

"Geez, I'd forgot about ole Merle, what happened to him after the wife moved out and he left for Tuscon..."

5 hours later no work would have commenced!!!
    God Bless our brave men, bring them home, safe again.

Tractor
    JD 5520 Montana 4340 Farmall Super C

Quote Originally Posted by mowin View Post
    My neighbor has a kioti, so lifting from each side to run the trailer under it would work....

thought about lag bolting a 6x6 under it and draggin it, but I think it would bust the shed up...
    After the skids are in place lay another crossways over the two just at the back of the barn and drag her home. The cross member will keep the building on the skids
    "When selling a lifetime ... don't sell it short"
    auctioneer@southernauctionco.com

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast