Ideas on how to move a shed...

/ Ideas on how to move a shed... #51  
I moved a 14' x 14' ice house last year. Put two 6 x6 under it for runners - screwed a 2x10 on top of the 6x6 front and back to hold the 6x6 apart. I started with pipe rolls to start - after I got the building on level ground I was able to move it with my truck. IMG_1363.jpg

/ Ideas on how to move a shed... #52  
My buddy moved a shed like that using a hay wagon. They jacked it up, backed it under and strapped it down.

/ Ideas on how to move a shed... #53  
The various trailer ideas sound the best to me. Doing any dragging will rack the shed and leave marks on the road, lawn and driveway.

/ Ideas on how to move a shed... #54  
Skids. hook chains on skids drag home

/ Ideas on how to move a shed... #56  
I bought a 14' box truck body last year and used a method similar to what others mentioned. My trailer is a heavy landscaper style with full width ramps and tube rails above the deck. I dovetailed the ends of the rails to make an angled "ramp" at the back of the trailer.
Drilled two holes in the front rails of the box, bolted on a chain to make a harness of sorts and hooked up the winch. Jacked up the body with a hi-lift jack put square 6x6 cribbing underneath. It actually slid really easily and stayed right on the trailer rails. Drove home about 10 miles ok but made me nervous because it was to topheavy.

At home I used a borrowed bobcat to drag it off and into position. Gee I miss that bobcat :)

/ Ideas on how to move a shed... #57  
I bought a 14' box truck body last year and used a method similar to what others mentioned. My trailer is a heavy landscaper style with full width ramps and tube rails above the deck. I dovetailed the ends of the rails to make an angled "ramp" at the back of the trailer.
Drilled two holes in the front rails of the box, bolted on a chain to make a harness of sorts and hooked up the winch. Jacked up the body with a hi-lift jack put square 6x6 cribbing underneath. It actually slid really easily and stayed right on the trailer rails. Drove home about 10 miles ok but made me nervous because it was to topheavy.

At home I used a borrowed bobcat to drag it off and into position. Gee I miss that bobcat :)

/ Ideas on how to move a shed... #58  
Where in upstate NY are you? If you have a tractor with FEL or a 3PH with some sort of forks, all you need is that, cribbing and your trailer.. I wouldn't bother with skidding it if your neighbor is concerned about his lawn..

I've moved a 12X20 shed (wood-tex brand) about 5 miles (on a sunday afternoon on back roads) :D
and a 10X12 shed from rochester NY to my farm, I actually jumped through all the hoops to get an oversized load permit.. What a joke that was.
I loaded the 10X12 with just a couple 5' steel bars, a highlift jack and some cribbing.. The 12X20 I just used 2 forklifts, one on each side, lifted it up, backed the trailer under, and was off.. To get it off the trailer I just put some steel pipes between the trailer and the shed skids, and in one case I pulled the shed off the trailer, and in the other I chained the shed to a tree and drove the trailer out from under it.. :)
Though I should point out our trailer is a 20' deckover with full width ramps... Either way it isn't that difficult to accomplish...
Jonathan