Show What Tool You Made*

/ Show What Tool You Made* #571  
What keep that blade from walking off the tires ?:confused:

proper alignment. also if you notice the tires have a crown, centrificle force will force the blade to the highest point of the tire, witch is smack in the middle.

/ Show What Tool You Made* #572  
My dad made me and himself one of these, just a simple hook on a pole we leave in the bed of our trucks so we dont need to jump in to reach stuff thats slid to the front. Its especially nice because we both run a roll up tonneau cover, so when something slid to the front I needed to either roll it up or slide into the bed under the cover to grab it. I havent done it yet but I plan to put two U-hooks or something on the bed rail to keep this sitting on it. Pretty simple but really handy.

enhance

/ Show What Tool You Made* #573  
My dad made me and himself one of these, just a simple hook on a pole we leave in the bed of our trucks so we dont need to jump in to reach stuff thats slid to the front. Its especially nice because we both run a roll up tonneau cover, so when something slid to the front I needed to either roll it up or slide into the bed under the cover to grab it. I havent done it yet but I plan to put two U-hooks or something on the bed rail to keep this sitting on it. Pretty simple but really handy.

enhance

Neat idea!! Is that hook made from a screen door handle??

/ Show What Tool You Made* #574  
Neat idea!! Is that hook made from a screen door handle??

No its just a thin strip of aluminum (maybe 1"x6") that he put a slight bend in, then covered in some rubberized coating and welded to an aluminum pole. Put a rubberized coating on the handle end too. The rubber is unnecessary to be honest, just a nice touch.

/ Show What Tool You Made* #575  

enhance

Tailgate hooker. Nice!

/ Show What Tool You Made* #576  
The way Rin-tin-tin is looking at it he's thinking"Um that's crooked as a dogs leg.

enhance

/ Show What Tool You Made* #577  
The way Rin-tin-tin is looking at it he's thinking"Um that's crooked as a dogs leg.

She manages to find her way into most of the pictures I take around the property...never far away that one! Very photogenic at least.

/ Show What Tool You Made* #578  
She manages to find her way into most of the pictures I take around the property...never far away that one! Very photogenic at least.

She is a magnificent looking animal!
That face is FULL of love!

/ Show What Tool You Made* #579  
Here's an on-the-spot tool I put together about 25 years ago. The problem was getting wound-up grass and string, etc out of my 6 ft rototiller tines without cutting myself in the process or wasting all day. The sharp birdsbeak and the backslope of this tool blade allows me to hook onto wound up grass and rip it right off. What used to take forever now takes a few minutes.

It's a flat blade from Austria that I got as a surplus item from one of those knife catalogs. I think Smoky Mtn Knifeworks. The handle is the remainder of a broken maul handle and I cut a table saw kerf in it to accept the blade. I keep it razor sharp with a chainsaw file.

It does double duty as a weed cutter for marestail on the edges of farm fields. With a sharp edge, I can reach in and hook the stem and easily cut it off.

IMG_7019.JPG IMG_7020.JPG

IMG_7021.JPG IMG_7022.JPG

/ Show What Tool You Made* #580  
How do you sharpen the inside radius for cutting bailing twine, or do you ever need it to be sharp. I sure could have used one of those over the years.