Show What Tool You Made*

/ Show What Tool You Made* #51  
BHD thanks for posting the extra pictures and explaining it better, it sure has given me something to think about.

/ Show What Tool You Made* #52  
Wait a minute. A hydraulic can crusher?
Surely there is more to this story and probably more photos we can oogle over. This sound like a great project. More details?

It's not hydraulic (have one of thoes at the farm though) its pneumatic.

Click on this photo to play a video of it in action.

/ Show What Tool You Made* #53  
Here is a video of how to use a tool for something it was never intended to do.

Using a mig welder to cut foam.

/ Show What Tool You Made*
I ran the battery down on my pick-up by leaving lights on after parking. I came up with a buzzer to remind me to turn them off. I used a relay from an automotive store and a Pezio buzzer from Radio Shack.

ignition on / lights off = buzzer silent.
ignition on / lights on = buzzer silent.
ignition off / lights off = buzzer silent.
ignition off / lights on = buzzer sounds.

#1_truck light warning buzzer.png

The relay's terminal #87 is not used. I also bought 2 little fuse holders from the auto store. I pulled out the fuse for the ignition and inserted this fuse holder. It has a pigtail coming off of it to hook up the wire to relay. I did the same thing for the parking light fuse, since this truck has dual headlights and the parking lights are on if the lights are on. It's an '87 GMC. The buzzer works great.

I cannot get rid of the thumbnail photo. The first drawing is correct.

Attachments

• Truck light warning buzzer 2.1.png
    Truck light warning buzzer 2.1.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Using a mig welder to cut foam.

I made a trimmer for arrow feathers like this and later made one for foam. Turning the electric iron up or down controls cutting wire heat. I have been considering making one for trimming the hedge. You MUST NOT TOUCH THE BARE WIRE though.

Foam cutter.png

/ Show What Tool You Made* #56  
Love it! I've been been using 0.023" stainless MIG wire and my battery charger for hot wire cutting foam... I hadn't thought of using the MIG as a power source.

/ Show What Tool You Made* #57  
JW makes some cool stuff.

In the first video he has a high capacity magazine can crusher that politicians would probably like to ban, and it magically poops out crushed cans like deer turds.

In the second video he has a light saber to cut foam. :thumbsup:

/ Show What Tool You Made* #58  
I ran the battery down on my pick-up by leaving lights on after parking. I came up with a buzzer to remind me to turn them off. I used a relay from an automotive store and a Pezio buzzer from Radio Shack.

I did the same thing about 15 years ago...the next day I was in the auto section of a department store and saw the same thing made with just a buzzer and a diode for less than half what i had spent on parts.

Here's one similar to it, I'm sure there are others: Headlights Left-On Reminder

I did the same thing about 15 years ago...the next day I was in the auto section of a department store and saw the same thing made with just a buzzer and a diode for less than half what i had spent on parts.

That's less than I spent too. I didn't know where to look. Thanks GLyford.

/ Show What Tool You Made* #60  
Built a special tool to remove injectors on a caterpillar track loader 931,

I