Another DIY Grapple

/ Another DIY Grapple
Wow that's just the opposite to my way of thinking. I have my loader off anytime I can! I do a lot of mowing and tiller work inside of my wifes horse pastures and the riding arena where I need to get tight into the corners and having the loader lifted to do this is a real pain, especially where the trees hang over the fence. I am also so used to having tractors without a loader that they just look better to me. While your installation looks really good and works for you it wouldn't work for me. It really is unbelieve how just simple little things differ between different peoples needs, I guess that is why we all look at and read many many posts on TBN if we respond or not we are still learning something! What a great site.

I do have a question though. Where did you get the two different size 90 degree fittings so one is longer than the other and the hoses can pass by each other and do they have a special name?

You are right, what works for one person does not necessarily work for everyone. In answer to the fitting question - one is a "short" or normal elbow, the other is a "long" elbow they work nicely to allow two hoses to leave the valve body in parallel, but they do make the overall package a little bigger.

here is a link to the two different types of fittings for your reference:
SAE 37ー Flare (JIC) x O-Ring Boss (ORB) 90ー Elbow
SAE 37ー Flare (JIC) x O-Ring Boss (ORB) 90ー Long Elbow

Also available is an extra long:
SAE 37ー Flare (JIC) x O-Ring Boss (ORB) 90ー Extra Long Elbow

/ Another DIY Grapple #52  
I just found your pictures of your DYI Grapple. Great job! Any chance you could send me a few of the measurements? Length of the claws and the angle of the incline. It looks like about 10-12 degrees.

Also, is there anything you wish you had done differently?

/ Another DIY Grapple #53  
Could you email me the extra pictures? they are no longer available on Photobucket

/ Another DIY Grapple #55  
It doesn’t look like Ivan$ has posted anything for 3 years,probably won’t get any measurements.