Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Rhino 554,Ford 3000, JD550G dozer Gilson MTD riding mowers

Default Re: Anyone modified a pull type, 3 bottom plow to 3 point?

Quote Originally Posted by 6011Artist View Post
    sd, I'd be working on that tillar. Having a tillar is why I never use my bottom plow.

I looked at my bottom plow yesterday after reading your post and it was simple constructed. Cutting out the portion you need to save and converting it to 3 point would not be that hard to do, just do it strong n solid.
    Here's the chinese tiller,Anyone modified a pull type, 3 bottom plow to 3 point?-rhino-tiller-005-jpg can't seem to identify it was bought with the Rhino tractor at same time in 1993, the nut backed off of the mainshaft to the gear drive on the left side of tiller when that happened it broke a tooth on the two spider gears that turn the power 90 degrees. doubt parts are available. Here's the only data plate on itAnyone modified a pull type, 3 bottom plow to 3 point?-rhino-tiller-002-jpg looked thru rhino servis-site can't find it there??
    Last edited by sd455dan; 03-20-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Renze View Post
    Hmm ive been watching this for three days now, and you aint got 'r done yet ?
    Taking it a little slower after my (bone head move) in owning and operating... the wife is probably feeling a little bit like her husband has a tractor addiction
    Last edited by sd455dan; 03-20-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Allis Chalmers B

Dan, if I am not mistaken that tiller looks to be a Ieski model!

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Bilko View Post
    Dan, if I am not mistaken that tiller looks to be a Ieski model!
    Wow ! really, I had assumed that since it was bought with a Rhino International Tractor and the implements the dealer was selling that were in the fliers that came with the tractor referred to Rhino Servis tillers and such I just assumed the writing was Chinese not Japanese, The plot thickens!! This tiller's a full 85" wide does Iseki build them that large?? here's a shot of the geaAnyone modified a pull type, 3 bottom plow to 3 point?-rhino-tiller-003-jpgAnyone modified a pull type, 3 bottom plow to 3 point?-rhino-tiller-001-jpgr covers it also is a 2 speed unit the gears under the center cover can be exchanged for a second tilling speed, would really like to fix this tiller...
    Last edited by sd455dan; 03-20-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1957 Ferguson 35, 1977? Yanmar 2200, 1963 Cub Cadet Original

Dan, google Danny Parker Equipment Co. Thorsby Al. He might can help you out on the tiller. He has over 500 tractors in his salvage yard and I understand most of the grey markets came with tillers when shipped. By yours having chinese writing, it's a grey market tiller.
    modify, adjust and improvise....a country boy can survive

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by sd455dan View Post
    I think that's my problem, kind of hate to cut up , the only JD piece of equipment I own Attachment 309204
    I have decided to take RW and 6011 Artists advise, and not rebuild the plow into a 3 point. Going to just go ahead (at least for this year) and use the plow as is, run out of time.. Thanks everybody for the advise i do appreciate it.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by 6011Artist View Post
    Dan, google Danny Parker Equipment Co. Thorsby Al. He might can help you out on the tiller. He has over 500 tractors in his salvage yard and I understand most of the grey markets came with tillers when shipped. By yours having chinese writing, it's a grey market tiller.
    thanks , I will try and check that out, also think I'll post a do you recognize this tiller, but for the moment I'm going to go ahead and try to plow, and then disc the field, need to get this done before the Knapp weed comes up again, going to try and plant some sort of field grass for the horses
    Last edited by sd455dan; 03-22-2013 at 02:41 AM.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by sd455dan View Post
    Here's the chinese tiller,Anyone modified a pull type, 3 bottom plow to 3 point?-rhino-tiller-005-jpg can't seem to identify it was bought with the Rhino tractor at same time in 1993, the nut backed off of the mainshaft to the gear drive on the left side of tiller when that happened it broke a tooth on the two spider gears that turn the power 90 degrees. doubt parts are available. Here's the only data plate on itAnyone modified a pull type, 3 bottom plow to 3 point?-rhino-tiller-002-jpg looked thru rhino servis-site can't find it there??
    Update - went a head and plowed the field with the JD pull behind 3 bottom but there are areas that are just to hard to back the plow into so i went ahead and bandaid repaired the tiller .
    Once I got it apart, it was the same problem that caused the gear damage the first time, the nut that secures the ring gear to the horizontal shaft that drives the auger gears came off...sooo this time I found another retainer and used the red- high strength anerobic threadlocker and placed a small weld on the second retainer to the nut! the pinion has some chipped teeth but There is enough engagement to drive the ring.
    put it all back together and it seems to work ok here's the internals Anyone modified a pull type, 3 bottom plow to 3 point?-rototiller-repair-003-jpgoh i did get the silicone gasket chunk out of the case before it got sealed up and also how this isn't the top notch repair , but this tiller has been bent,broken and welded six ways to Sunday and left for dead at least 5 times over the last 20 years.
    Plus it was free to me, Originally as just a 3 point weight- so I could plow snow with the Ford 3000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12