catagory 0 attachments for JD 1026r cat 1 hitch

/ catagory 0 attachments for JD 1026r cat 1 hitch #1  

saltrock

Tractor
2013 John Deere 1026
:confused3:I want to use my almost new 1970's cat 0 implements on my new JD 1026 , plow , disc , harrow , box scraper , cultivator . got the conversion bushings but the distance between the link bars is to wide on the JD 1026 . These were made quite well for a sears suburban garden tractor .

/ catagory 0 attachments for JD 1026r cat 1 hitch #2  
Should work if you add some chain links to your turn buckles so they could go together more.

/ catagory 0 attachments for JD 1026r cat 1 hitch #3  
I have a neighbor that had a turnplow that he was trying to use and it wouldn't hook up anywhere suitable. He already had a trailer mover hitch I'd built him. We took all the 0 category hookup stuff off the plow and mated it to a piece of 2" tubing and he works it out of his hitch. But it is no longer suitable for cat 0 use. You could do that....OR

You could build an adaptor to fit between your tractor and your implement. Use 2x2 tubing and make a T. Turn it upside down. On 1 side weld the lower pins and top link bracket to match your cat 1 tractor. On the backside weld the correct brackets to accept your cat 0 implements. You may have to make 1 side of the cat 0 lower brackets removable so as to slide it onto 1 lower pin then slide the removable bracket on the cat 0 implement, bolt it back to the upsidedown T and then hook your top link. It wouldn't be that complicated or time consuming to build or use, you haven't destroyed your cat 0 implements in case you find someone willing to swap n trade for bigger ones, and you can weld a reciever tube on the bottom center and even have a trailer moving hitch.

The plow and cultivator will work great like this but is the disc, box blade and others wide enough for your tractor?

/ catagory 0 attachments for JD 1026r cat 1 hitch #4  
another thought. On the cat 0 side, either build one side of the lower hook up points removable OR build one side so that it swings like on a hinge. Not both sides swinging, one needs to be solid/ridgid, won't move. But one side swinging out will make it easy to hook up the cat 0 implement in a fast easy fashion. The lower tabs only need to be 3-5" long, keeping it as close to the adaptor as possible. Top connection at whatever length it takes to pull the implement level. Your adjustment is on your tractor toplink to adjust your whole adaptor/plow combination.

My neighbor didn't have that much trouble on his lower pins after adding some length to his chains but the top link gave him the most trouble. With this adaptor, both sides will fit properly and implement is sturdy, not shifting and him having no control of it wandering side to side.

/ catagory 0 attachments for JD 1026r cat 1 hitch
Thanks , Artist . I've been thinking along those same lines but I thought someone may have already solved all the issues and fabricated a little tool that would do the job. I like tinkering around with stuff like this but seem to have too many irons in the fire already and not enough time in a day to finish em all . Time is money , as they say , and I'd be willing to spend a little more money to save some time on this one . I like the smaller implements for the smaller garden plot beside the house and just figured I'd use the new tractor rather than the old suburban , she's getting old now and a little off her game , not a lot of life left in the old girl . Thanks again for responding .

/ catagory 0 attachments for JD 1026r cat 1 hitch #6  
don't underestimate the ol girl. There's a lot of life left in our "old iron" if we'll just keep taking care of it and repairing it as needed. I love my older iron more than the new.

fabricate a lil tool....that's what that adapter is..a lil tool to get the job done. You got a welder?