Pallet Fork fab for Kubota L3400 LA463 Loader

/ Pallet Fork fab for Kubota L3400 LA463 Loader #1  

stuckytough

Tractor
Kubota L3400
I have a set of forks from a fork lift and am looking to build a budget pallet fork assembly to pin on my LA463 FEL. I have looked at and priced the options to go to quick-attached and just cant justify it at this time. I am an OK welder, but have limited machine tools. So my question is this - i am looking for a steel bracket that will attach to my FEL at the stock pin locations. bascally something very similar to the stock bracket that is welded on the back of my current bucket (see attached picture). Does anyone know where i can buy this? I'm hoping someone fabricates these. It would save me a lot of work and time. i'm sure a local fab shop can help me, but would rather find some 'off the shelf' to save a few bucks. Then i can build/ weld off the brackets to complete the pallet fork assembly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. LA463 bucket.JPG

/ Pallet Fork fab for Kubota L3400 LA463 Loader #2  
I have a set of forks from a fork lift and am looking to build a budget pallet fork assembly to pin on my LA463 FEL. I have looked at and priced the options to go to quick-attached and just cant justify it at this time. I am an OK welder, but have limited machine tools. So my question is this - i am looking for a steel bracket that will attach to my FEL at the stock pin locations. bascally something very similar to the stock bracket that is welded on the back of my current bucket (see attached picture). Does anyone know where i can buy this? I'm hoping someone fabricates these. It would save me a lot of work and time. i'm sure a local fab shop can help me, but would rather find some 'off the shelf' to save a few bucks. Then i can build/ weld off the brackets to complete the pallet fork assembly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.View attachment 309917

I am sorry I cant help you with the brackets. I think you will have to make them yourself.. Now go out and do me a favor, and take the bucket off of your tractor, and put it back on a couple of times. and come back and lets talk about how easy it was. Two men help a bunch, but doing it by your self is a PITA.. I Know the SSQA is a bunch of money.. believe me I know. See my thread below.. but if you are a weldor, you are half way there to putting no SSQA.. Trust me you will be so glad you did. I was.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/208653-so-you-think-converting-pin.html

James K0UA

/ Pallet Fork fab for Kubota L3400 LA463 Loader #3  
:welcome: to TBN

/ Pallet Fork fab for Kubota L3400 LA463 Loader #4  
Two pieces of 2 x 3 1/4" wall angle iron and four pieces of 1.5" OD 1/4" wall DOM and you can make the brackets yourself with a hole saw, hack saw and welder. See the following picture

Bucket Bracket.jpg

/ Pallet Fork fab for Kubota L3400 LA463 Loader
Wow, thanks for the quick replies and valuable info. Looks like I have some more homework to do. I'm thinking the pin-on route make most sense for me since I doubt I'll be swapping the bucket and forks more than a couple times per year. But like mentioned, i will remove the bucket tonight to see how painful it is. Thanks again.

/ Pallet Fork fab for Kubota L3400 LA463 Loader #6  
I have quick attach and let me tell you, it is very easy to change back and forth and it allows me to actually use the forks when I want, but keep the bucket on most of the time. It is easy flip the levers, get on the seat and remove the bucket, put on the forks and flip the levers. Tractor is not even warmed up in the time it takes. My wife appreciates it too since she is my helper when one is needed...

/ Pallet Fork fab for Kubota L3400 LA463 Loader #7  
Wow, thanks for the quick replies and valuable info. Looks like I have some more homework to do. I'm thinking the pin-on route make most sense for me since I doubt I'll be swapping the bucket and forks more than a couple times per year. But like mentioned, i will remove the bucket tonight to see how painful it is. Thanks again.

I find that I often switch back and forth several times a day. You Milage May Vary, but thatss the way it works for me..I would hate to see you put all that effort into making the brackets, only to find that you were dissatisfied. I bought the Kubota QA adaptor part that goes on the tractor for $400. Good luck in what ever you decide

James K0UA

/ Pallet Fork fab for Kubota L3400 LA463 Loader #8  
+1 on SSQA is the way to go! It is worth the money in every way. We switch the bucket and bale spear in less than 5 minutes with NO manual lifting or wrestling with the implements. The SSQA gives options for many other implements for the front of your machine.

I understand your desire to keep things simple, but if you are going to fabricate the fork attachment why not make the conversion to SSQA while you are at it.

/ Pallet Fork fab for Kubota L3400 LA463 Loader
I think you guys have me convinced to spend a little extra on the quick attach. Pulling the pins is a real pain. One more question though. From pictures of the quick attach bucket assemblies, it looks like the fulcrum of the bucket pivot is moved forward a bit. Do you loose any power/ capacity by switching to the quick attach system? Thanks,

/ Pallet Fork fab for Kubota L3400 LA463 Loader #10  
I think you guys have me convinced to spend a little extra on the quick attach. Pulling the pins is a real pain. One more question though. From pictures of the quick attach bucket assemblies, it looks like the fulcrum of the bucket pivot is moved forward a bit. Do you loose any power/ capacity by switching to the quick attach system? Thanks,

I didn't notice it., I imagine there could be a little. but the ability to switch from buckets to forks was really worth it for me. I kept my old Kubota bucket that I converted and use it on my Kioti for a digging bucket. You can build other things too like a front boom pole, all you have to do is build or buy a SSQA plate and weld on what ever you want to weld on it!.. If you do convert to SSQA.. and get everything set up, you are going to think every time you use it.. BOY I am glad I listened to those guys on TBN!:D

James K0UA