Tractor backhoe - homemade

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #341  
Arkaybee said:
BFready:

After observing your GREAT skill and talent:thumbsup: I believe you would enjoy and profit from watching
the videos (on Youtube) of Keith Fenner, a machinist in New York state USA) who has a very small
job shop and makes some of the best videos about his work on the internet.

He is from dennis MA, (Cape Cod)
not NY.

Turn Wright Machine Works
West Dennis, MA

http://goo.gl/maps/0uwBO

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #342  
Last picture shows the placement of the first hydraulic flow regulator. I'll put two of them to be able to adjust the speed of rotation.

Some backhoes have variable speed rotation & are set up to automatically slow down at the limits of the swing so it doesn't bang against the stop. That's a nice touch.
rScotty

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #343  
Some backhoes have variable speed rotation & are set up to automatically slow down at the limits of the swing so it doesn't bang against the stop. That's a nice touch.
rScotty
Thats end stroke damping on the cylinders. There is a protrusion of about 1/2" on the piston that goes into a chamber in the cylinder bottom, the amount of damping depends on how tight the protrusion fits in the chamber.

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #344  
Wow, what skills and what a spectacular job.

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #345  
Thats end stroke damping on the cylinders. There is a protrusion of about 1/2" on the piston that goes into a chamber in the cylinder bottom, the amount of damping depends on how tight the protrusion fits in the chamber.

Yes, that's one way to limit the speed of the cylinder at the end of the stroke. It's inexpensive, but has the obvious drawback of introducing another closely fitted tolerance into a system that doesn't have many of those.
Still, it's a popular way to do it.
rScotty

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade
I hope flow regulators will do the job...anyway, swing cylinders are not too small. I presume that 60 liter/min will be slow enough for normal operation

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #347  
[B said:
CNC Dan[/B];3523756]He is from dennis MA, (Cape Cod)
not NY.

Turn Wright Machine Works
West Dennis, MA

http://goo.gl/maps/0uwBO

Good catch Dan.:thumbsup: Something made me think that I had it wrong. Some faulty assumptions
along with poor geographical knowledge I think. Thanks for the google maps link too.

His videos and camera-work are about the best on Youtube and with the most complete explanations
of the processes he is using, including his thought-plans along with his pragmatic efforts to
(in his words) "get her done" with a quality job.

It is easy to get lost in those videos and spend hours watching and looking for more.:D

IMO this is more nearly a "reality show" than those on the TV that call themselves by that name.
This is my kind of "reality show".:2cents:

Arkaybee

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #348  
Arkaybee said:
His videos and camera-work are about the best on Youtube and with the most complete explanations
of the processes he is using, including his thought-plans along with his pragmatic efforts to
(in his words) "get her done" with a quality job.

Arkaybee

I agree. I can watch for hours.
Between him and Jody, I've learned a lot from youtube.

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #349  
[B said:
CNC Dan[/B];3524329]I agree. I can watch for hours.
Between him and Jody, I've learned a lot from youtube.

JODY? :confused: Who is Jody?

Arkaybee