Tractor backhoe - homemade

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #71  
you have a talent that we would all love to have
keep up the great work and please keep posting
it helps us wantabees

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade
Than you all, I will keep posting untill it's finished and tested
Anyone can do it, you just need to focus and try hard...and it requires aloooot of thinking, time and effort, that's all :)

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #73  
BFreaky said:
Than you all, I will keep posting untill it's finished and tested
Anyone can do it, you just need to focus and try hard...and it requires aloooot of thinking, time and effort, that's all :)

That's not entirely true. You are very blessed with your talents. While others on TBN are also similarly blessed, many are blessed in other ways.

It is a wonder to observe your work. From thought, to paper, to existence.

:thumbsup:

That's not entirely true. You are very blessed with your talents. While others on TBN are also similarly blessed, many are blessed in other ways.

It is a wonder to observe your work. From thought, to paper, to existence.

:thumbsup:

Well, ok, there are some differences betwen individuals, but there are also things which can be learned or trained if you like, and that mostly depends on personal effort...

Main frame assembly...two future oil tanks are clearly visible, and between them tandem gear pump in position. I placed it there because it will be well protected and there will be almost no possibility for any damege to it... Also, I hope it will help lower the noise of pump when working.

ftinis.jpg

146234.jpg

Filter position

30scz7r.jpg

2qth56w.jpg

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #76  
Don't sell yourself short, you are an obviously very intelligent and talented man. Evidently you are bilingual, being from Europe and communicating with us in perfect English.

Your ability to design and technical skills are what I strive for and I am over twice your age. Some can play musical instruments, others can only sit and listen. I cannot do what you do but I really enjoy reading about and viewing your work, well done!

Don't sell yourself short, you are an obviously very intelligent and talented man. Evidently you are bilingual, being from Europe and communicating with us in perfect English.

Your ability to design and technical skills are what I strive for and I am over twice your age. Some can play musical instruments, others can only sit and listen. I cannot do what you do but I really enjoy reading about and viewing your work, well done!

Well...I find other languages very interesting and believe that these days one must know at least one of them. After all, English is used all around us...computers, mobile phones, internet... I speak English and German equally well although my home language is Croatian. I learned German in school, and English mostly through watching alot of movies and working with computers since I was very young.
Thank you for your compliments, I just love building stuff...:thumbsup:

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #78  
Well...I find other languages very interesting and believe that these days one must know at least one of them. After all, English is used all around us...computers, mobile phones, internet.

That project is coming along nicely!
Incorporating the tanks into the structure required is a clever touch. Careful not to limit the pump access. Hard to tell just what will make a gear pump quieter. Some pumps are quieter than others. The traditional old large diameter PTO-driven pumps commonly coupled to the PTO of Ag tractors in the US are very quiet operating at 12- 20gpm, 1500 to 2000 psi, and 540 RPM. Some of the military surplus types with smaller diameter gears, much higher pressure and RPM can whine like an ex-lover.
It's great you have a CNC cutter available. Serious time saver.

About languages......I think most Americans are language deficient; I know I am. And maybe that explains why we are a nation of folk who mostly speak only English and tend to be over-impressed by multilingual people. One person I maintain contact with - now working for Bosch in Stuttgart - likes to learn languages as a hobby and can do his engineering work surprisingly well in a dozen very different languages. His last addition was Mandarin. As with anything; talent helps.
Back to hoes. :)
For your tandem gear pump, are both outlets the same pressure and capacity? BTW, what is the pressure output of that gear pump? What determines the output of any gear pump? Do you still plan not to have relief valves? (# 56)? And what about flow priority.....any plans there? I suppose one way would be to just plump it simply and then modify as necessary. Booms should move faster than buckets.
rScotty
BTW, the addition of a hydraulic "thumb" turned my commercial hoe into a whole new tool - a grabber & lifter with super human muscle. Very handy. I can't believe I spent all those years without one.

Both pumps are exactly the same. They have 50 ccm flow capacity. That would be max 102 liter/minute each, at 1800 rpm. I will keep the rpm at lower rate so I get a flow around 80 liter/minute because that gives me some optimal operating speeds. Pressure output is max 230 bar but I will limit that to 200 bar. Hydraulic joystick controls have pressure relief valves built in so I intend to limit the pressure at that spot. If anything needs to be changed in this system, I can simply change it later

Last edited:
   / Tractor backhoe - homemade #80  
I will keep the rpm at lower rate so I get a flow around 80 liter/minute because that gives me some optimal operating speeds. Pressure output is max 230 bar but I will limit that to 200 bar. Hydraulic joystick controls have pressure relief valves built in so I intend to limit the pressure at that spot. If anything needs to be changed in this system, I can simply change it later

Agreed. You can always change later. Sounds like you are in the ball park. I enjoy working slowly and confess that I haven't measured the flow on mine independently.......so I don't know how much energy is wasted fluid-wise. An educated guess would be that we commonly work at about 160 bar and 40 liters/min.
rScotty