Toothed Bucket Build

/ Toothed Bucket Build #1  

David Devuono

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B4200\MF 135\Kubota B3200
Since I have a 54 inch quick attach bucket on my B3200, I have been thinking about building a stronger toothed bucket. Last night I penned a drawing and this morning I dropped $300 bucks at the Steel shop. I have 3 hours into it and hope to be ready for primer tomorrow if I don't run out of welding wire.

Attachments

• Bucket build.jpg
    Bucket build.jpg
    563.6 KB · Views: 739
  • Bucket build2.jpg
    Bucket build2.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 451
   / Toothed Bucket Build #3  
Looks good! Are the teeth high carbon or mild steel.

/ Toothed Bucket Build #4  
It looks nice. Was it cut with a plasma cutter?

The slightly narrower bucket should help it dig better.

You might consider longer teeth, or some reinforcements along the bottom. At least I thought the teeth in our old international bucket extended the length of the bucket (bolt on?), although I'm seeing many that appear to be shorter.

Perhaps a strip of sharpened half inch x 3" or 4" steel along the bottom. Grader Blade Edge?

If you're using mild steel, you could build high strength points on the teeth by extending along the bottom beyond your grader blade edge.

/ Toothed Bucket Build #5  
Are you sure you dont want the bucket teeth to ride below the bucket edge a little ? You could also weld a piece of bucket edge under the teeth, to make them cut at the right hight, and as well make them sharper for easier penetration.. :)

/ Toothed Bucket Build #6  
I have welded mild steel to the bucket on dads old KX-41 and found that they wore pretty quick. On my tractor I bought 7 teeth that bolt on. The teeth are the same ones I use on the backhoe.

Attachments

• image-116945437.jpg
    image-116945437.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 521
   / Toothed Bucket Build #7  
I have welded mild steel to the bucket on dads old KX-41 and found that they wore pretty quick. On my tractor I bought 7 teeth that bolt on. The teeth are the same ones I use on the backhoe.
Where did you source your teeth? I think I need some.

/ Toothed Bucket Build #8  
I bought them from the Mahindra Dealer here. They came from the same supplier the manufacture uses. Not sure if this helps.

/ Toothed Bucket Build #9  
I bought them from the Mahindra Dealer here. They came from the same supplier the manufacture uses. Not sure if this helps.
Thanks. I think there's a Mahindra dealer one county away.

/ Toothed Bucket Build
Actually the first picture was just with the teeth resting on top for a visual. The teeth are mild steel 1x1 solid bar. I have been looking at some interesting buckets on Youtube and like the idea of a bit longer teeth. Mine are 2.5 inches beyond the bucket. The bottom edge of the bucket is just over 1/2 inch thick. I have left to add metal to the top of the bucket and a few odd pieces to stiffen up the bucket and then about 40 feet of welding.

Attachments

• Bucket build 4.JPG
    Bucket build 4.JPG
    207 KB · Views: 304
  • Bucket build 3.JPG
    Bucket build 3.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 411