plans for a mini yard clippings bayler

/ plans for a mini yard clippings bayler #1  

rander80

Tractor
AC WD 45
I am looking for plans to build a small baller hand powered baler. baler would be around 6 x 6 x 12 . Have a large yard and I am looking at all the waste that could be used

/ plans for a mini yard clippings bayler #2  
Last edited:
   / plans for a mini yard clippings bayler #3  
I don't recall seeing any plans but I have seen several videos on YouTube that show hand powered balers in action. Perhaps one of the videos has a link to plans.

/ plans for a mini yard clippings bayler #4  
The length of the clippings will have a big impact on how to bale. Short clippings will be difficult.

/ plans for a mini yard clippings bayler #6  
The length of the clippings will have a big impact on how to bale. Short clippings will be difficult.
If doing this with lawn clippings, I would plan on doing netwrap or something similar... Twine aint gonna cut it.

Aaron Z

/ plans for a mini yard clippings bayler #7  
   / plans for a mini yard clippings bayler #8  
Just needed to mention that you can not bale a grass from a green lawn and expect it to keep. It has to be dried.

/ plans for a mini yard clippings bayler #9  
Just needed to mention that you can not bale a grass from a green lawn and expect it to keep. It has to be dried.

True. He could make haylage, or in this case grasslage.

/ plans for a mini yard clippings bayler #10  
True. He could make haylage, or in this case grasslage.

I looked into what I figured was a neat composter used for heating. Figured 2 of them would heat the shop. Was thinking I could let people dump grass clippings on my lot. But then I realized that they had to be dry to keep. So much for that.