I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE #1  

real57vetteguy

Tractor
Custom Built
Hi all,

I used to frequent the forum years ago, I had my experiences importing Yanmar's and Jinma's, I moved on to other things haha. I built my personal house 5 years ago, almost all of my yard is comprised of 30% or steeper banks. After flipping a riding mower and luckily walking away with some broken ribs, Rolling down these slopes while trying to weed eat, hiring someone at 75.00 per week etc etc, I decided to attempt to figure out a better way. I have a very close friend that has a rather extensive machine shop. We spent some time brain storming, he had some genius ideas, we put it into motion and here goes........
MEET BLADEZILLA

Remote control lawn mower - YouTube

Remote control lawn mower - YouTube

Bladezilla, 4wd remote control lawn mower - YouTube

Bladezilla, 4x4 remote control lawn mower - YouTube

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE #2  
I don't even have any steep slopes, but it really would be nice to sit in the shade with a cold beverage and mow the yard with a remote control.

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE
I don't even have any steep slopes, but it really would be nice to sit in the shade with a cold beverage and mow the yard with a remote control.

I do agree! haha

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE #4  
Nice work! I have dreamed about one of those for years. I'm about to settle with a backhoe mounted unit though. Be safe!

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE #5  
The grass is there for a reason. By scalping the earth, you are losing your erosion control. Some people think every blade of grass should be cut down to a carpet. I'll never understand why. It is unnatural.

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE #6  
Can you tell us how it's built?

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE
The grass is there for a reason. By scalping the earth, you are losing your erosion control. Some people think every blade of grass should be cut down to a carpet. I'll never understand why. It is unnatural.

I appreciate your comment but your obviously not aware of my particular situation. The mowing deck is set at 4-1/2 inches which is hardly scalping anything. I have been in the erosion control business for 20+ years and understand 100% what I am doing. Those banks are located inside city limits and regarded as my personal yard, the city has ordinances pertaining to uncut grass and tall grass. My intentions are to continue cutting the grass at 4-5 inches about every 2 months while over seeding the banks with the intention of growing a thick plush stand of turf instead of the blotchy patches of grass that I have now!

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE #8  
I am with Bird it would be nice to set and mow than push or ride.. nothing better than someone with a desire to improve... good luck.. Lou

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE #9  
My intentions are to continue cutting the grass at 4-5 inches about every 2 months while over seeding the banks with the intention of growing a thick plush stand of turf instead of the blotchy patches of grass that I have now!
In natural environments, sheep and deers would clip the grass, making the carpet denser. no one likes sheep **** on their driveways so this mower is replacing the natural grazing. :)

Anyways, you might be better off with crab steering when working on slopes. as soon as you start to skid steer, it either slides downhill a bit, or it just spins one side and stops moving.

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE #10  
Neat! I only watched 1 video where it is side slipping along the road. I guess that is your max angle which looks maybe steeper than 45 degrees?