DIY UTV

/ DIY UTV #1  

Case485Guy

Gold Member
Tractor
Case 485
Prolly a dumb questions, but has anyone built there own? I have a Suzuki Sidekick that the body is shot on. Think I am bringing it home, tear down to frame and build a side x side with a small dump bed. It still runs good, just the body is crap, still time to repurpose it and make useful.

/ DIY UTV #2  
There are a number of people on TBN who have made DIY UTV's either from scratch or from old Suzuki Suicide's and similar small 4x4's.

/ DIY UTV #3  
Sounds like a great plan. The only thingy suicide about suzuki would be the inept drivers.

I'm looking for one to use as my plow vehicle. My forklift is going to go this summer.... i need me a traktor for real.

l

/ DIY UTV #4  
It would be so cool if someone built a body for it aftermarket? I would love keeping it street legal, and of course, have Air conditioning blowing in my face...:)

/ DIY UTV #5  
I have a Suzuki Sidekick that the body is shot on. Think I am
bringing it home, tear down to frame and build a side x side with a small dump bed. It still runs
good, just the body is crap, still time to repurpose it and make useful.

That's a great vehicle to use, as it has the FI engine. My 88 Samurai had the crappy electronic
carb, which is hard to fix. Now has a Weber and runs fine, but will never pass smog test
for registration.

Anyway, these vehicles have a great fully-boxed frame and excellent 4x4 traction.

Mine has no body, a dump box, and is in the process of getting the hydraulics done.

Go for it.