Air lifts

/ Air lifts #1  

db556

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jeep Wrangler / gravely 5240
Well I was at a auction today and picked up two Gray Model 100 air lift now I'm thinking they both work and can haul either end of my jeep up fast.

Now how do you guys think I can combine them to lift both ends or side simultaneously? Or other project for them.
Now I'm not dumb got some 3" square tube laying around to make some safety stands the air would just be for the lift not for support.

2013-06-03_20-36-08_205_zps6e7c89c8.jpg
2013-06-03_20-38-42_374_zpsfe44218c.jpg
2013-06-03_20-38-47_437_zps9f62c29b.jpg

/ Air lifts #2  
My Uncle used 2 large ones to lift vehicles at each end. Worked good.

/ Air lifts #3  
Now how do you guys think I can combine them to lift both ends or side simultaneously?

Two zip ties and a Y air line?...

/ Air lifts #4  
I think you will find the setup to be pretty shaky if you plan to jack up both ends on that gravel area. Better off on hard pavement or lay a leveled 4'x4' piece of 1/4 or thicker plate (even 3/4 plywood) under each jack, and put something under the jackstand feet so they don't dig into the ground. Big difference between getting one ond of your vehicle 18 inches up and taking both ends 3 or more feet up, if that's your intention. I don't think you mentioned how high you wanted to go.

/ Air lifts #5  
Well I was at a auction today and picked up two Gray Model 100 air lift now I'm thinking they both work and can haul either end of my jeep up fast.

Now how do you guys think I can combine them to lift both ends or side simultaneously? Or other project for them.
Now I'm not dumb got some 3" square tube laying around to make some safety stands the air would just be for the lift not for support.

View attachment 320934
View attachment 320937
View attachment 320938
db556,
I own the exact jack. I would not try to lift both ends with one air valve, the front being typically heavier they won't lift even. If you had two air valves, you could stand in the middle and meter the valves to keep the vehicle even as you raise it. They are a very stable jack on concrete, the lock is very sturdy, I don't use jack stands. NEVER EVER LEAVE THE AIR HOOKED UP TO THE JACK!!! Mine will creep up on its own. I put it to the height I want, let it down on the lock and disconnect the air supply. Ours has been in our shop for at least 42 years, don't know when Dad bought it.
Mark

/ Air lifts #6  

View attachment 320934
View attachment 320937
View attachment 320938

That looks like a Ford 8.8 axle under the rear of that Jeep. Did you do an axle swap?