I finished my first Tractor

/ I finished my first Tractor #1  

MacLance

Tractor
Bolin
I finished my first Sub compact tractor. I took an old Bolens 1666 With no engine, electrical, gas tank, wiring, etc. Then I found a 1940 Leroy D 71 four-cylinder air cooled gas engine. The motor came with the big gas tank you see now on the tractor. It took some work but I got it all finished up. The PTO works as well. I will add a charging system for the battery later. I mounted the engine in facing the direction it is now, Then mounted it the other way only to find out I had it mounted right first time. So in short I've install this engine three different times. The hydrostatic transmission only operate one direction. I raised the front in 3 inches then built a body lift it to compensate for that difference. It has a stainless steel fuel valve and lined it run all the way to the fuel pump. The mufflers Is a Yamaha off a quad. Rather than use the old oil bath air cleaner system I built my own and it works as a crankcase ventilation unit as well. I built the idler assembly from Parts from a satellite dish, scooter wheel, telephoto lens and an office chair. I have to pull start It with the rope it starts up first pull every time. The Seat is off of mobility Scooter and it is very comfortable to sit in with great back support. I put larger Goodyear front tires on it and rebuilt the steering mechanisms. It turns just fine. I will be building a Hood for it since I had extend the Frame 6 inches. I took it out and Rototiller yesterday. It worked really well, no shortage of power. Well for Some of you Fellers You might not like this much because it is not a conventional unit , I did the best I could and had some fun with it to. I'm still trying to figure out use these forms I hope I placed this in the right area.

Attachments

• IMG_5851.jpg
    IMG_5851.jpg
    578.7 KB · Views: 799
  • IMG_5863.jpg
    IMG_5863.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_5865.jpg
    IMG_5865.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_5867.jpg
    IMG_5867.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_5869.jpg
    IMG_5869.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_5870.jpg
    IMG_5870.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_5872.jpg
    IMG_5872.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 709
  • trac 1.jpg
    trac 1.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 691
   / I finished my first Tractor #2  
What the heck!?! But it is cool. :cool:

/ I finished my first Tractor #4  
That looks like a pretty wild machine.

Be careful that it looks a little top-heavy for the narrow wheelbase.

Many tractors have less horsepower than you would otherwise expect. My Ford 1715 is rated with a 27 HP engine, and seems to do just fine with ordinary brush hog mowing, tilling, and etc. A 50 or 60 HP tractor is often a pretty big (& heavy) machine.

/ I finished my first Tractor #5  
If you rearrange that tiller so that the tines face out (for 'eating' other vehicles), it'll look like it belongs on the set of a mad max movie. :)

Did you build it with any certain tasks in mind?

Keith

/ I finished my first Tractor
Kieth,
It does have a mad max apocoliptic machine look to it. I built it to till up the garden. The weeds have grown so high now I need to figure out how to build a brush hog attachment. With any luck I will get this garden in by the time snow flys .
\

/ I finished my first Tractor
Hi ,
You are right down the way from me...I am in Vancover Wa. Yes it seems a little top heavy. I could have widened the frame and dropped the engine down lower but the 5 quart oil pan need to clear the pully of the oriinal pto. This pully will be used down the road for and altenator and posible starter.

/ I finished my first Tractor #9  
Interesting vehicle. I just gotta' ask: what's with the rear view mirrors?

/ I finished my first Tractor #10  
Yep, really curious what you're going to do with it. Nice build!