Front loader for JD 317

/ Front loader for JD 317 #1  

sixmenn

Tractor
John Deere 317 with Kohler Magnum 18
I've seen some front loaders for the John Deere 318. Anyone know whether these will work on the 317 as well? Anyone know where to get a set of DIY plans to build one?

Colin

/ Front loader for JD 317 #2  
I wouldn't with all the four wheel drive sub-cuts out there!

/ Front loader for JD 317 #3  
Possibly on week end freedom machine website / forum. I believe Johny bucket may also make a loader for the 317/318 model.

/ Front loader for JD 317 #4  
I built a loader for a 4110 which is a size larger than the 317 - 318 series and has four wheel drive. No plans, just built as I went off photos of like machines. With four rams, lines, hoses, steel, and pins it was less than $800 including the 53" quick tach bucket. The internal hydraulic pump is more than adequate. Fun project. Also made a PTO vacuum for grass and pine needles. Total cost $75.00 with scrap steel and free blower housing.

/ Front loader for JD 317
I built a loader for a 4110 which is a size larger than the 317 - 318 series and has four wheel drive. No plans, just built as I went off photos of like machines. With four rams, lines, hoses, steel, and pins it was less than $800 including the 53" quick tach bucket. The internal hydraulic pump is more than adequate. Fun project. Also made a PTO vacuum for grass and pine needles. Total cost $75.00 with scrap steel and free blower housing.

Your loader project sounds like just the thing I have been thinking about. Any chance you would be willing to share dimensions and/or pictures? I'd love to see what you put together.

Last edited: