Leaf Vacuum

/ Leaf Vacuum #21  
Back side of CR Impeller.

Attachments

• 336260-CRImpSM2.jpg
    336260-CRImpSM2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 567
   / Leaf Vacuum #22  
Why we are on the subject. Does anyone have or know anyone or used a agri-fab vacuum? they sell them around here at Lowes and Tractor supply. I just am curious as to the quality. do they work etc. ?

/ Leaf Vacuum #23  
Greenthumb

The agri-fab is the one also sold at Mills Fleet Farm. I talked to the guy who does the lawn for our office complex. He has one and really likes it. No problems so far, but he has only used it 3 seasons. I assume being that he does this for a living, he will use his more in one season than a typical home owner would in 5 or 6 seasons.

I like the agri-fab, but I don't like how much room it takes up. I finished almost all my lawn this weekend so I won't need to decide between the agri-fab and the cyclone rake until next spring.

Bob

/ Leaf Vacuum #24  
JackIL,

Thanks much for the pictures and details. I'll have to archive that for future use if my steel unit gets bent. It does make sense for them to consolidate on a single unit to keep inventory costs down.

Thank you,
Michael

/ Leaf Vacuum #25  
Anyone familiar with the Agrimetal Tuff Vac? Looks like they have PTO-powered towable units that vacuum and shred directly rather than relying on the mower deck to actually pick up the leaves. Here's a link:

http://www.agrimetal.com/eng/products_tuffvac.htm

Looks pretty darned good...I'll bet it's quite expensive!
Dave

/ Leaf Vacuum #26  
Gary,

I have a 10 HP yard machine, chipper/shredder purchased a a friends estate sale. Machine was two years old and I bought it for $150.00. I have been toying with your idea for several months. I found this attachment for the shredder side at Northern Tool web site item #170553. I think this is what we both need to convert the chipper/shredder. We would need to remove the chipper chute and cover the hole with steel plate and this should create much more vacuum on the shredder side. Should also be able to vacuum leaves from flower beds and fence rows. Good luck and let me know how this works out.

have a great day.
Red Cox

Last edited: