Home made Hydraulic post hole digger for drilling a well

/ Home made Hydraulic post hole digger for drilling a well
I've decided to hire it done. For what it would cost me in materials, time to build everything and then the learning curve, it just makes more sense to hire a pro and get it done so I can spend my time doing other things.

Eddie

/ Home made Hydraulic post hole digger for drilling a well #52  
I've decided to hire it done. For what it would cost me in materials, time to build everything and then the learning curve, it just makes more sense to hire a pro and get it done so I can spend my time doing other things. Eddie

Wise choice. I enjoy a good challenge and tackling certain projects myself but sometimes there are those like this that aren't logical to do unless it is something extremely fun. Your time will be better spent doing your trade to more than makeup the cost to have this one done. Who knows, you might get lucky and strike Texas tea. If so, I will come down and have a tea party with you.

/ Home made Hydraulic post hole digger for drilling a well #53  
I've decided to hire it done. For what it would cost me in materials, time to build everything and then the learning curve, it just makes more sense to hire a pro and get it done so I can spend my time doing other things.

Eddie

Good decision. My well was drilled by a local company in April 2005 for my new 10-acre place. Cost including drilling to 160 ft, 6" dia hole, PVC casing along with 20 ft length of steel casing at the top for the seal, 1.5 hp pump with 1.5" dia PVC pipe hanging at 120 ft down, water level at 90 ft down, 30 gal pressure tank was $5500. The guy estimated that the well could produce in excess of 100 gal/min with the right size pump. I get about 30 gal/min which is enough for house and landscaping use.

Good luck

/ Home made Hydraulic post hole digger for drilling a well #54  

Eddie

aw man! thats no fun! sometimes first hand experience is the best... ;)