Homemade dingo brush cutter

/ Homemade dingo brush cutter #11  
It is rated for 15.8 but my machine only puts out 11gpm. It should still turn 550rpms

Thanks. I asked about the flow because I'd like to have one on the side of my MF. Maybe one day…

/ Homemade dingo brush cutter
The motor I bought from amazon. It's built by dynamic. $179.00

/ Homemade dingo brush cutter #13  
What pressure is the motor rated for? I know some hydraulic motors are only rated to around 1200/1500 PSI and the high pressure motors are quite a bit more expensive. With a 1-1 gearbox is 550 RPM's enough? A brush cutter is a pretty heavy load on a machine. All the brush cutters made for skid steers require high flow and usually high H.P. hydraulics with higher pressure as well. I hope it works for you when it's finished.

/ Homemade dingo brush cutter #14  
I want to build a PTO brush cutter myself... nothing available second hand here in Holland so i'll have to build my own...
But first i have to finish many other maintenance and repair jobs... Let us know how it performs, i'll allways learn from it :)

What pressure is the motor rated for? I know some hydraulic motors are only rated to around 1200/1500 PSI and the high pressure motors are quite a bit more expensive. With a 1-1 gearbox is 550 RPM's enough? A brush cutter is a pretty heavy load on a machine. All the brush cutters made for skid steers require high flow and usually high H.P. hydraulics with higher pressure as well. I hope it works for you when it's finished.

The motor is rated for 2575psi. I converted a bush hog sq48 to hydraulic a few years ago. Using the same style motor mounted on a mini ex. It's been worked hard and never give any trouble

/ Homemade dingo brush cutter #16  

I have a Brushmonster cutter on my skid steer that is designed for standard flow. It works fine.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHere are a few more pics. I got the skids welded on. I also put in the reinforced plate to mount gearbox

/ Homemade dingo brush cutter #18  
Nice project! I have thought about doing that in the last, never got to actually doing it though.

Btw...
11 gpm x 231 cu in/gallon / 5.9 cu in motor= 431 rpm with no losses.

/ Homemade dingo brush cutter #19  
You are only turning 446 rpm using 11.4 and 5.9 cu i motor, and 1 : 1 gear box..

Don't believe that is enough rpm as most bush hogs are 1:1 to 2.5 ratio.

Close to 1000 motor rpm would be better.

Try and get about 12,000 to 14,000 fpm

Last edited:
   / Homemade dingo brush cutter #20  
Very neat job on a very neat project, looking good!