built a tonka trailer

/ built a tonka trailer #1  

swick1

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 1026R
I built a trailer for my son's dump truck and couldn't wait any longer to give it to him. It has fold down ramps, 4 tie down points, 2 axles with duals, and a jack which I need to weld a handle on.
20131224_143530.jpg

20131224_154316.jpg

20131224_154534.jpg

20131224_144416.jpg

/ built a tonka trailer #2  
nice build looks like it will get a lot of use,

Merry Christmas

/ built a tonka trailer #3  
Nice job, your son will really enjoy it. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Ken

/ built a tonka trailer #4  
Sweet ! Now he's going to have to get his TDL (Toddler's Driver's license)! :thumbsup:

/ built a tonka trailer
Sweet ! Now he's going to have to get his TDL (Toddler's Driver's license)! :thumbsup:

It is a lot heavier than any toy I've seen at the store so you may be right. I want to build some screw type binders and chains next.

/ built a tonka trailer #6  
Oh, you make me miss the days when my boys were that size. That is a great present that he will someday give his son / daughter.
One suggestion since your son is so young. You might want to put a piece of slip on rubber molding all around the top lip, so when he falls on it it won't cut him. You can pull it off when he gets a llittle bigger.

/ built a tonka trailer
Great suggestion! He has a bruise on his back from falling on it after 10 minutes of ownership. :) I will install some of the strips like you can put on the edge of an automobile door tomorrow.

/ built a tonka trailer #8  
Very nice, he fits on it perfectly.

/ built a tonka trailer #9  
That is Cool!! Bet you could build a replica truck to pull it with too! :dumptruck:

/ built a tonka trailer
I'd like to build a heavy duty bulldozer to haul on it someday. He got a plastic dozer for christmas that looks cool but won't be pushing anything except legos.