95 inches of snow , replacing cutting edge project

/ 95 inches of snow , replacing cutting edge project #1  

Waldon52

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere
It's Official !!
Gaylord , Michigan now has received 95 inches of snow this winter. I got the back roof shoveled today and had a breakdown with my snowscoop. So off to the workshop to fabricate a new cutting edge. Tomorrow I'll be back on the workshop tackling that roof . aaaroof6.jpg

/ 95 inches of snow , replacing cutting edge project #2  
That's a lot of snow. Must be mostly lake effect.

/ 95 inches of snow , replacing cutting edge project #3  
Dang that lot not even half way thru winter..whole new meaning of snow belt.

/ 95 inches of snow , replacing cutting edge project #4  
Wow, that's just under eight feet.

/ 95 inches of snow , replacing cutting edge project #5  
We have got 0. Don't know how y'all make it with all that snow.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ 95 inches of snow , replacing cutting edge project #6  
It's Official !!
Gaylord , Michigan now has received 95 inches of snow this winter. I got the back roof shoveled today and had a breakdown with my snowscoop. So off to the workshop to fabricate a new cutting edge. Tomorrow I'll be back on the workshop tackling that roof .

I used to have a place in Grayling and we got our fair share there....not as much as Gaylord, but still. There's about 12" of snow on my roof now so it's time to break-out the roof rake. Rakes are hard on a worn out shoulder and a neck fusion, so I'm wondering how well does that snowscoop work compared to a roof rake?

/ 95 inches of snow , replacing cutting edge project #7  
We have got 0. Don't know how y'all make it with all that snow.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

The population of Gaylord was 3,645 at the 2010 census.

/ 95 inches of snow , replacing cutting edge project #8  
Wow thats a good start to the winter. I am only 2.5 hours north of you and we got maybe 24" so far. Another hour north of me has close to 6 feet of snow.
I had got my Farmalls over near Torch lake the day before the Storm went through in November and the forcast called for lots of snow then.

/ 95 inches of snow , replacing cutting edge project
Looks like a old fashioned 200 inch winter for us. I piled snow yesterday with my mini loader , I'll take a couple pics to post today.

/ 95 inches of snow , replacing cutting edge project
aaaroof8.jpgaaaroof9.jpgaaaroof11.jpgHere is a picture of me today in the mini loader bucket I made three years ago. I made a rear blade and never used it so I converted it to this front bucket. It has worked great for three winters. Here is a picture of the hill in our front and in the backyard today