Silver Member
    Tractor
    B2150HSD, JD3020

Default Tooth bar, tooth spacing

I'm going to build a toothbar for my B2150 (24 HP). I found a place reasonably close that stocks teeth and shanks for skid loaders, but before I go shopping, I'd like to have a better idea what I'm looking for. Can anyone out there with a machine similar to mine tell me the approximate size of their teeth,and the spacing between them. What I'm looking for as far as the size is how wide are they and how far do they project past the factory cutting edge on the bucket.

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Default Re: Tooth bar, tooth spacing

I've a 54" bucket. My toothbar has 8 teeth.
    Obviously, one on each end and the remainder equally spaced between. That comes to 6" spacing approximately, measured to the center of each tooth.

Each tooth is about 1" wide. The groove the fits onto the bucket is allows the toothbar to overlap the bucket about 6". The ends (where you attach to the sides of the bucket) is about 7 or 8 inches.

You'll need to determine how many teeth you want. Eight seems to work pretty good. Then, depending on the width of your bucket, you can calculate the spacing.

Remember the old carpenter's adage "measure twice, cut once". Of course, I didn't pay attention to that...so I've two holes on one side the bucket.