Adding Rear View Mirrors using ClickBond technology

/ Adding Rear View Mirrors using ClickBond technology #1  

dragoneggs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-25D, Kubota Z122RKW-42
Here is a simple little mod I made to my BX without having to drill, weld, or rivet on the tractor. Thanks to 4Shorts for the idea, I now do not have to turn my head repeatedly to watch my blade. I made a video (my first) of the install and posted on YouTube. I hope you like it.

Kubota BX25D Mirror Modification - YouTube

Here are a couple pics of the finished product.

2014-01-25 12.08.34.jpg 2014-01-25 12.08.50.jpg

Last edited:
   / Adding Rear View Mirrors using ClickBond technology #3  
Looks good

/ Adding Rear View Mirrors using ClickBond technology
Great improvement.

Looks good

Thanks creekbend and Murph... actually the challenge for me was making a decent quality video. :laughing: Pretty much the first I have ever done. The mod itself is obviously quite simple but the use of ClickBond parts/adhesive is still a bit novel to most.

/ Adding Rear View Mirrors using ClickBond technology #7  
That click bond is pretty slick, though I'm not sure what it costs to buy and use. Another amazing product, to me, is the 3M VHB double faced tape. This is what holds the lettering on the side of your car or truck. Some versions are rated at 100# / square inch. People have used it to put solar panels on RV roofs to avoid holes. It is available on Amazon and eBay.

Me likey :thumbsup:
Thanks Paul... you were the inspiration of course!

where to buy

That click bond is pretty slick, though I'm not sure what it costs to buy and use. Another amazing product, to me, is the 3M VHB double faced tape. This is what holds the lettering on the side of your car or truck. Some versions are rated at 100# / square inch. People have used it to put solar panels on RV roofs to avoid holes. It is available on Amazon and eBay.
ElectricalHub.com | Your Electrical Connection is a great dealer. I used CS125 1/4-20 threads by 1in long stainless steel studs. Ideally if you can get shorter length great, otherwise you can't live with the length, just cut them off after install.

/ Adding Rear View Mirrors using ClickBond technology #9  
The 3M tape bonds by the exclusion of oxygen. Because of this, the initial high pressure is very important with this tape to make sure, all the oxygen is removed. (I am a retired 3M Labby)

The 3M tape bonds by the exclusion of oxygen. Because of this, the initial high pressure is very important with this tape to make sure, all the oxygen is removed. (I am a retired 3M Labby)
Click Bond uses VHB tape and lots of it on the temporary pressure application fixtures. Great stuff indeed, but not for long term and in harsh environments.