One horse power wood splitter

/ One horse power wood splitter #2  
Works better than some of the spliters I've used. Doesn't seem to bog the power source down at all.

/ One horse power wood splitter #4  
How do you get the horse to walk ? Why wouldn't it just stand there ?

/ One horse power wood splitter #5  

Didn't you see the carrot dangling in front of its nose lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s 64Gb using TractorByNet

/ One horse power wood splitter #6  

I've never actually worked with one, but I think that since the treadmill is sloped the horse has to keep walking or it will roll backward, and there's a crossbar to encourage it not to do that. The treadmill may have a brake for starting and stopping.

/ One horse power wood splitter #7  

I don't work with horses, but my guess would be that the horse is walking because that's it's job. They take commands and do their work, if they're trained well. Wouldn't that be nice for hauling sap out of the woods, or hay bales out of the field. A tractor that moves forward when you tell it to. And stops too.

/ One horse power wood splitter #8  
Interesting......
Wonder where this is located ???
That appears to be a modern, newer model DR brand mechanical splitter.... Not a cheap item as it is...
I am more interested in the details of what makes it more useful to spend the time and money to convert it
to run on animal power than a gas motor.... ???

KnowwhatImean....

/ One horse power wood splitter #9  
I am more interested in the details of what makes it more useful to spend the time and money to convert it
to run on animal power than a gas motor.... ???

KnowwhatImean....

Yes i know what you mean, and can also provide the answer... There is an electrical motor hidden underneath, overcoming the friction of the slatted conveyor on which the horse walks, and driving the splitter too...

/ One horse power wood splitter #10  
I thought I saw the engine stall briefly.

Hay, so do u have to add Stabil in the winter?
If it stalls do you stall it in return?