New pole barn

/ New pole barn #1  

Engine Mike

Tractor
Kubota B2320
OK now that i have grown up and have my own tractor I need a pole barn to store it and the rest of my stuff in. Can anybody suggest pole barn builders in the Lake City/Cadillac Michigan area? Also does anybody have advice on locating the barn. Close to the road or back from the road hidden by the trees. Also any advice on number and type of doors, windows, or other methods for natural light? Any advice would be helpful.

/ New pole barn #2  
No matter how big you build it, it will be too small.

/ New pole barn #3  
Plan for adding on to the barn in the future. Leave room to expand.

Look at Morton Buildings.

/ New pole barn #4  
Either Morton, Cleary, or Northland buildings has a neat layout program on their website so you can put scale drawings of tractors, implements, cars, etc in the plan to decide how big to build it. Once you have an accurate estimate of what you want, double the size.

/ New pole barn #5  
I was going to have a 33x53 built, but instead had a 40x60 built by Cleary Building Corp. 30% will be insulated shop and the rest cold storage.

I have 3 12x10 overhead doors, 1 for the shop and 2 cold storage. Three 3 ft windows, one in the shop. Best thing I did was having them put the top 2 ft of the cold storage walls are clear vinyl.

There's so much light in there that you only need lighting at night.

The closest Cleary for you would be northern Indiana. Also heard good words about Morton Buildings.

/ New pole barn #6  
I've heard good things about Cleary and I've been talking to Morton and Lester building on the phone. Lester has a very simple, yet somewhat useful estimated on their site too.

/ New pole barn #7  
I've heard good things about Cleary and I've been talking to Morton and Lester building on the phone. Lester has a very simple, yet somewhat useful estimated on their site too.

both Cleary and Morton are near top cost building mfg/builders. If you have any rural co-ops in area talk to them or pick up their free booklets and look at tads in back. Rural Electric company or Farm Co-op

Mark

/ New pole barn #8  
both Cleary and Morton are near top cost building mfg/builders. If you have any rural co-ops in area talk to them or pick up their free booklets and look at tads in back. Rural Electric company or Farm Co-op

Mark

In the southern parts of Minnesota, Morton and Lester offer turn key solutions but in my area they must contract out and contractors tend to be sketchy--as in a lot of guys know how to start, but not so many know how to finish, and many act like they are doing you a favor--neither of which are confidence inspiring.

I have a couple of contractors who are good, but because they are good, they have premium pricing, and from all accounts deservingly so. Either way, I'll check into your co-op idea.

Thanks!

/ New pole barn #9  
Where is Nevis? I could suggest a good guy if you are anywhere close to Zumbrota.

/ New pole barn #10  
Where is Nevis? I could suggest a good guy if you are anywhere close to Zumbrota.

Know where Leech Lake is? Nevis is to the west of Leech Lake just south of Paul Bunyan Forest.

My local go-to guys are suggesting I go stick built 2x6 24" on center because it will be easier to spray foam insulate. I told him I need a 10 foot high ceiling to accommodate a tractor. We're in the talking about it stage. I think I want to go with a gambrel roof and just build a small barn with a shed roofs on one side for parking trailers under. Something kind of like this.

17c094b254de343df079a9fbdf0557e7.wix_mp_1024