Mid mount Grader Blade Project

/ Mid mount Grader Blade Project #11  
I think it would be great if you could get a couple of shots of your "Green Line". there is some pretty interesting looking tractors there!! As I wipe away a little drool........

Cheers

Roger

/ Mid mount Grader Blade Project
Roger,
In the next week or two I want to get all 10 tractors lined up in the back yard with the two green trailers and get a picture . I'll share it with everyone. :thumbsup:

aaabellyblademounts.jpgToday I got the mounting brackets made and welded to the frame and welded to the rear angle assembly. Just one 1/2 in rod through the front mower plate hooks it on. Tomorrow I will work on the lift brackets and the drill the holes for the angling pin.

/ Mid mount Grader Blade Project #14  
Wow, nice work! I love your collection. Those old cub tractors had a mid mount grader on them. Thought about building one for my 4200 Deere. I will be watching this! LUTT

Thanks !
Todays picture shows the painted blade mounted on the 110 . I am very pleased how it turned out :dance1:
Next I will change the stock exhaust to a upright exhaust stack :thumbsup:aaabladepainted.jpg

/ Mid mount Grader Blade Project #16  
Well, it would be nicer if you lined them up in MY backyard to take the pics LOL!! Looking forward to seeing them! You have some very interesting looking equipment there. And skills that I have only dreamt about! Keep it up!

Cheers

Roger

Thank you ,
I am trying to have a collection that is different than the others. So far the Hot Rod JD is different , the narrow front jd 730 is different with the trip bucket loader , never seen one of those , the jd little jd 4020 looks different because of the larger front tires giving the appearance of fwa . Now the 110 has a different look too with the unique grader blade. The jd articulating doodlebug is for sure different and my jd 9630 with the Degelman Silage blade is a one of a kind. I never saw one of those in half scale. So when I take them to the first tractor show it will be fun. aaapipe2.jpg
Todays project shows the new vertical exhaust stack . Now I am building a generator belt cover.

/ Mid mount Grader Blade Project #18  
Looks like a lot of fun, thanks for the info and pics. makes me think of the old cub cadet down in the barn.

/ Mid mount Grader Blade Project #19  
Your work in incredible. There is a gentleman from Ohio who made a John Deere 110 (round fender) to look like a 730 as well. He even converted to a hand clutch to make it look so authentic. But also builds a miniature roll-o-matic narrow front that works just like the real one. I had a chance to drive it at the Little G show in Dyersville, Iowa a few years ago. It was a thing of beauty.

There are only a few of you that get the gift to be able to do this type of work. I look forward to each and everyone of your posts. Keep them coming.

Thanks,
He is more gifted then me. I'm no welder or just average at sheetmetal work. I'm sure no bodyman or painter. Just a labor of love puttering in my mini workshop.:eek:
Todays project finishes the jd 110 round fender for now. It will come back sometime and get a three point hitch and rear attachment of some kind. You can see I finished the generator belt cover and got it painted and installed now. Also here is a picture of the tractor coming in the shop in the morning . It has already been in the shop once for new fenders, wheel adaptors built and installed with larger tires, new spindles welded to front.
It will get rear fender lights, strong fender braces, a hood mounted air cleaner and a blade. either mid mount or front mount. I also am toying with another idea that could happen to make it look very unique and one of a kind. That is probably what I will do, I have enough front blades and one belly blade is enough for anyone.
I will start a new post tomorrow for this project. aaawheelhorse1.jpg