Scored a used golf cart canopy today

/ Scored a used golf cart canopy today #1  

Carol in CA

Tractor
John Deere 400
In good shape. No cracks. Dirty. but, hey, $20. Now to fabricate an infrastructure to hold it up. That will be part of the FEL build later on.

/ Scored a used golf cart canopy today #2  
Good find! A month ago I broke down and bought a Rhino-hide canopy kit and installed it on the JD 3720. I fiddled around a lot, trying different options. Finally settled on putting the brackets behind the ROPS, to get more shade coverage on the back of my neck. I sure do appreciate the shade when mowing. I even leave my hat off, which makes my head feel cooler. Wish I had one years ago, but wouldnt part with the money. the Rhino got me at $239 shipped. RhinoHide Tractor canopies by Sun Guard LLC

/ Scored a used golf cart canopy today #3  
here is the cart top set up I did....
Canopy.jpg

/ Scored a used golf cart canopy today
Nice. I will have to be more creative in mounting mine. My tractor was born before ROPS! And my 'ol canopy doesn't have the nifty handle built in. But you have given me some ideas. Thanks.

/ Scored a used golf cart canopy today #5  
cool...it is mounted backwards from what a cart would use...I used 1" square tube all around....down here in Texas...it is a MUST have

/ Scored a used golf cart canopy today #6  
Mounting my 'lid' will be my first welding project. Santa brought a mig welder!

/ Scored a used golf cart canopy today #8  
Curious which welder Santa brought (after all that unnecessary fuss)
:shocked:

And are you learning to weld yet?

Its a Lincoln Handy Mig. A little one. Appears in good shape. First mig welding lesson after the 15th. Got a cart and a helmet also. Have gloves. Need a few other goodies. But I have a house guest coming for a week. Gotta get the place in shape first!