Yard Rake Home Made

/ Yard Rake Home Made #1  

downsizingnow48

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B21
I've been looking at rakes for a while. Didn't find one with the features I want so built it.

1. Tool bar assembled to three point hitch. It can be offset either side for raking close to a fence.
2. Tool stand installed for easier hookup.
3. Rake teeth assembled on rake bar and attached to tool bar. It is 48" wide for use between trees and bushes.
4. Brackets for mounting secondary spring assembly.
5. Secondary spring assembly attached to rake. The 26 individual springs allow the bottom of each rake tooth to move 3" side to side and 4" front to back. This allows the rake to follow uneven ground. When the small springs reach the limit of their travel, the stronger spring built into the rake tooth takes over.
6. The gage wheel uses needle thrust bearings at the caster pivot point and a threaded collar, which can be adjusted just right and locked in place.
7. Gage wheels assembled to rake. They attach with pins for quick removal when operating without gage wheels. They are adjustable so rake action can vary from mild to aggressive.
8. Rake in action. It works as planned.

Attachments

• r1.JPG
    r1.JPG
    393.1 KB · Views: 455
  • r2.JPG
    r2.JPG
    411.5 KB · Views: 411
  • r3.JPG
    r3.JPG
    407 KB · Views: 742
  • r4.JPG
    r4.JPG
    390.6 KB · Views: 399
  • r5.JPG
    r5.JPG
    442.2 KB · Views: 560
  • r6.JPG
    r6.JPG
    498.7 KB · Views: 391
  • r7.JPG
    r7.JPG
    407.3 KB · Views: 548
  • r8.JPG
    r8.JPG
    731.1 KB · Views: 829
   / Yard Rake Home Made #3  
Very nice work.

/ Yard Rake Home Made #5  
Thats a really clean, well planned job :D

I'm curious about the adjusters you used, off the shelf parts or did you make the center?

/ Yard Rake Home Made
The adjuster links are store bought. I was in TSC buying the draw pins and still puzzling how best to make the adjusters. Right on the rack next to the pins were these little top links. A bit pricey at $30 but an easy and good solution to my problem.

/ Yard Rake Home Made #7  
The adjuster links are store bought. I was in TSC buying the draw pins and still puzzling how best to make the adjusters. Right on the rack next to the pins were these little top links. A bit pricey at $30 but an easy and good solution to my problem.

Ah, they are short top links for a compact tractor?
Nice solution :)

/ Yard Rake Home Made #8  
Nice looking build.:thumbsup:

/ Yard Rake Home Made #10  
Work Of Art! You might as well file the police report now, because your design has been stolen by now. One question. With the rake bar clamped to the tool bar, could the rake be swapped for other tools to utilize your gauge wheel system? This could be the start of a multi function tool with any number of mutations.