Ute fuel tanker

/ Ute fuel tanker #1  

Jazbota

Tractor
Kubota m7040suhd
Hey guys great website. I have a fuel cube similar to picture shown 200l for the back of my ute. I currently have it lashed to a 4x4 pallet to fork it on and off.

I think I can get a bit crafty and build an all around metal frame out of RHS(box section) steel and have the poly tank surrounded with a metal frame with a lift point to lift off with a chain and a slot underneath to slide a fork under also utilising the section on top to sit a tool box of sit things on top off.

I would weld most of it together and then bolt some bits on so I can always remove the tank from the frame.

Anyone done this or got any tips? I am thinking I would use 20 x 20 mm steel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 256
   / Ute fuel tanker
Oh dear, my first post and the lack of replies..... At least say hello :(

/ Ute fuel tanker #3  
Maybe if he posted a larger photo...? Welcome, anyway.

/ Ute fuel tanker #5  
Looks interesting.....

Yes... A 3/4-1" (20-25mm) tube frame/stand/cage would be a good choice to haul/move/protect the tank..

What brand tank, capacity is that ??
Where did you get it.. ??

Good luck

/ Ute fuel tanker #7  
I have yet to understand the threads that people reply to, and those that apparently do not spark interest.

for example some one asks about bolting a machine to the floor gets 20 replies, and 600+ views, and some else asks a question on some thing else, like a fuel tank frame and it gets nearly nothing,

may be it is how one asks, I do not know, or may be it is that they do not have any ideas,

when I first read your post it sounded like you had your idea figured out,

the only thing I would do is "plate" the side of the frame that you would use forks on to lift it, (to protect it from puncture from the forks from the lifting machine,

/ Ute fuel tanker #8  

Umm......hello, interesting way to present a first post. Just relax a little, you posted at 2309hrs and were perplexed when no one replied by 0743 the next morning. I'm all for diving right in and all, but maybe next time say hello before asking why no one said hello, just a thought. In any event, welcome.

/ Ute fuel tanker #9  
Id like to see more of that fuel tank.. We dont have ones like that here. There are some that are similar, but nothing with the hatch or fittings like that one.
33631.jpg

As to your build, a square frame should work fine. Maybe make a hook eye on the top so it can be lifted out of the back of the ute. If you look at the bulk oil cubes, they are not build with that strong a material, however they are on a metal pallet to carry the weight.

/ Ute fuel tanker #10  
Scooby, I had the one you posted a pic of, it leaked a lot at the pump nozzle etc, didn't work too good for me, I gave it to a neighbor when I moved a few years back.