Barrel Train

/ Barrel Train #1  

Steve_Miller

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 Kioti CK30HST
Number one of six to be built. One for each grandchild. Each one to be customized to their own liking. I expect Thomas, Hello Kitty, not sure about the rest yet.

Steve

Attachments

• Photo989.jpg
    Photo989.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 895
  • Photo988.jpg
    Photo988.jpg
    626.3 KB · Views: 978
   / Barrel Train #3  
Cute... should be a fun time with pappy. Please post pictures of the finished product in use with happy passengers...

/ Barrel Train #4  
Neat idea.

A local minister here built one, but his was steel 55 gallon drums. Just welded the tongue, hitch, and axle in place. Painted each car a different color. He used an old riding lawn mower for the "engine."
It was used several times at local churches, and he once trailered it to the Shriner's hospital to give free rides in the parking lot. Made lots of smiles with that train.

/ Barrel Train #5  
That is a great look. These trains are very popular at fairs around here and kids never seem to get tired of them.

/ Barrel Train #6  
Looks great Steve! I hope to do something similar once my trail's done. Two new baby boys on our street in the last month! :)

/ Barrel Train #8  
:cool2:A friend of mine who has sinced passed made on out of blue plastic barrels and had a large lawn mower with deck removed and sheet metal added to look like train eng had whistle and bell he dressed in overhauls and railroad cap. he had a good sideline business going for birthday parties and such built a special trailer to haul it with. stayed busy until failing health

/ Barrel Train #9  
I was going to try to make these to sell, but then I sold my truck and hauling them to fairs, etc was difficult.
Use a blue barrel, and weld up the frames. My Little one is 6 now and still loves being pulled around in them. We have used them for birthday party's, and family get togethers. She was 2 when the pictures were taken. She loved them so much that we had to visit them in the middle of winter :)

/ Barrel Train
Three down, three to go.

Steve

Attachments

• Sept 2014.jpg
    Sept 2014.jpg
    853 KB · Views: 1,549