frame snowplow mount

/ frame snowplow mount #1  

chuck172

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SEH, Ford 4500TLB, Ford 8n
I'm in the process of building a frame mount for a western snow plow. I'm planning to use the loader hydraulics. The curl circuit will angle the plow, the lift will raise and lower the plow. I'll be using a cross-over relief for the angle cylinder.
Question is , what size cylinder should I get for the lift?
I had to stop fabrication for now, I have to figure how to mount the cylinder. Here are some pics. Everything is just tacked right now, I'll be wirewheeling the rust and painting after the welding is done. 016.jpg014.jpg015.jpg

/ frame snowplow mount #4  
I think the Bobcat had a 2'' cylinder for the front quick hitch assembly for the blower and blade. The Bobcat quick hitch just bolted to the front and the side of the frame.

Here is a picture of it

/ frame snowplow mount #5  
Do you have enough clearance for the tie rod? when the front axle pivots? Also is there a enough clearance between the plow frame and front axle when it pivots? You can check by jacking up the tractor slowly.

/ frame snowplow mount
Just enough clearance thanks.

/ frame snowplow mount
thanks katahdin, yours calls for 10" stroke, I'm been hearing 8" - interesting!

/ frame snowplow mount #9  
I can certainly pick up the plow as high as I need to. I also have the cylinder mounted behind where the chain attaches so I get alot more than 8: of lift out of it.