Homemade pallet forks

/ Homemade pallet forks #1  

deanwerden

Silver Member
Tractor
2010 Cub Cadet sc2400
I set out to make some forks that were correctly proportioned to my tractor and not take up half of the load capacity. Just a couple pictures for now I have to finish welding everything and my mounting bracket should be done tommorow hopefully. I have right around 100 bucks in material in it

/ Homemade pallet forks #4  
when you are done let me know how much you want to sell them for

/ Homemade pallet forks #5  
Will those be quick mount? My next tractor will have the fancy skid steer system.

/ Homemade pallet forks
No it won't be quick attach but my bucket is 3 pins with 1/4 bolts holding in the pins. I'm going to replace the bolts with spring pins, can't see it taking any longer than 2 minutes to change

/ Homemade pallet forks
All finished up finally

And here's an old kubota blade I picked up for 100 bucks without realizing it was cat 0. ended up widening 4 inches as well and painted over the orange of course

This splitter is a heavy ***** it will only pick it about 8 inches

/ Homemade pallet forks #8  
How did you get such nice welds using that little propane bottle? ;-)

/ Homemade pallet forks
a little thing called patience my friend

/ Homemade pallet forks #10  
Very nice forks. Do you have an estimate on how much the whole setup weighs? It looks nice and light for the smaller tractors. Would you mind sharing a few details, such as tubing sizes/wall thickness, etc? Trying to design one for my Kubota without killing the loader capacity. Looking at designs like this helps get an idea what works.