YA3PHBP: Yet another 3PH Boom Pole

/ YA3PHBP: Yet another 3PH Boom Pole #1  

rswyan

Tractor
Kubota B2910, Cub Cadet Pro Z 154S, Simplicity 18 CFC, Cub Cadet 782
Since I'm building a root rake/grapple I figured it might be handy to have something to move the upper and lower sections around as it's being built.

Comments/feedback on the construction and design are welcomed and appreciated.

Made this mostly out of drops from the 3" x 2" x 1/4" wall tube that was left over from the grapple. The "T" section for the 3PH is made out of 3 1/2" x 1/4" wall square tube I bought a long time ago for something I don't even remember any more.

The ends of the "T" are plated with some 3/8" angle a friend and I scavenged from a fab shop's drop/scrap dumpster.

IMG_1590.jpg

Last edited:
   / YA3PHBP: Yet another 3PH Boom Pole
Another pic:

IMG_1585.jpg

The lifting point holes are 1" drilled into 3" x 1/2" thick plate ... and the places they are welded onto are plated with 2" (wide) x 1/4" thick flat stock.

IMG_1580.jpg
The cast lifting eye is one I picked up from McMaster-Carr for another project ... but couldn't use because the threads were too short. It's 5/8" and is rated for 4800 lbs in a vertical lift.

IMG_1579.jpg

Still have a couple of things left to do before it can be squirted:

1. Weld on the tabs on the "T" for attaching it to the top link of the 3PH (in this case a Speeco Quick Hitch)

2. Weld on the top reinforcement rod ... which I have to pick up at my steel supplier today. It will be 5/8" hot-rolled solid round stock.

/ YA3PHBP: Yet another 3PH Boom Pole #5  
Looks gooder-un! :thumbsup: