Fuel Tank Storage

/ Fuel Tank Storage
From the picture it looks metal. I am going to pick it up this weekend. $10 off of Craigslist. The straps are nice, but I guess I could roll it on it's side and put in the bucket.

/ Fuel Tank Storage #12  
You're talking about 200lbs when its full, not too bad. You could also just use the bucket to "lip" the edge of the barrel and then strap the mid section snug to the top of the bucket, if you can picture that.

/ Fuel Tank Storage
That is what I ended up doing, using the bucket. I have a question, since this is a hand siphon pump, does the bottom of the storage tank need to be higher than the fuel tank to get it all out I guess?

/ Fuel Tank Storage #14  
lzicc: I'm not sure what a hand siphon pump is, I am going to assume it's a hand operated pump that is inline on the siphon hose to start the siphon, instead of, "sucking" to start the siphon. Often leaving a nasty fuel taste in your mouth!:eek: All siphons work the same way, gravity. If you want to completely empty the fuel from the supply tank/barrel, the delivery end of the hose MUST be lower than the bottom of the supply tank/barrel. The more difference between these distances will increase flow and pressure. Hope this helps.:) 445A

/ Fuel Tank Storage
That's what it is, a hand pump that starts the siphon. If I keep pumping it, it pumps but won't keep going on it's own. I can keep pumping it though.

/ Fuel Tank Storage #16  
That's what it is, a hand pump that starts the siphon. If I keep pumping it, it pumps but won't keep going on it's own. I can keep pumping it though.
lzicc: Can you remove the hand pump off the end of the hose after you have flow? One of the check balls may have too much pressure on it, to overcome the height difference you are working with. If there is an arrow on the pump, make sure it points to the direction of flow, although I'm not sure it would pump if it was backwards.:confused3: 445A

/ Fuel Tank Storage
I can't remove it, but if I keep hand pumping it, that works. Not the best solution, but I don't want to have the tank sitting higher than it should.