Quick Connect for FEL Bucket

/ Quick Connect for FEL Bucket #1  

rodsauder

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi Kubota
I am sure someone has already built one oh here. I just have not looked. I am planning on making a Quick Connect for my tractor.. You know , drive up unhook bucket , move and then hook up rock bucket or forks etc. I want to do it without getting off the tractor ( getting old and lazy I guess) So , if someone could direct me to the thread where someone else has made one of these. I would apreciate it. Thanks.

/ Quick Connect for FEL Bucket #2  
sorry -- but I think you're still gonna have to get out of the seat.

/ Quick Connect for FEL Bucket #3  
not if he put a couple of hydraulic units on the locking levers. I've never seen that 'improvement' though.

/ Quick Connect for FEL Bucket
That is what I was thinking of.. drive up, put the boom under whatever unit I am picking up. Lift it and once all is clear of ground simply pull a hydraulic lever that possibly operates a pin that secures everything in place. I am sure really big construction ( I am thinking of front end loaders ) use this kind of system. I just never paid enough attention. I will now. Surely there are lots of ways to do this??

/ Quick Connect for FEL Bucket #5  
Read all the threads about SSQA attachments. It seems to be the standard now. Up to a certain size anyway.

/ Quick Connect for FEL Bucket
Thanks,, that is what I was looking for. I did know to call it SSQA.

/ Quick Connect for FEL Bucket #7  
I remember a thread a while back, someone wanted to build electrically acctuated latches... don't remember the outcome.

/ Quick Connect for FEL Bucket #8  
Remote (hydraulic) operated from the seat can be done, just a matter of how you set up the locking levers and cylinder or cylinders. I went the manufacture route and bought the SSQA, and all of Bobcat's current QAs are designed with ability to add the hydraulic function.
The lock levers have holes in them for the cylinder mount. Nice part of this design is if the hydraulic mal-functions you and pull a pin and unlock the normal manual way.
Power bobtach 001.jpg

I have a grapple bucket so I run both QA and grapple from the same control using a diverter valve at front of the loader. Lock on the bucket and close the levers, then get off the tractor, push the button on the diverter and hook up the grapple.
Power bobtach 002.jpg

There quite a few threads on here about building SSQA and wouldn't take too much to hydraulic cylinder function.

/ Quick Connect for FEL Bucket #9  
Most new skid steers have them as a fourth function. For a tractor you either have to plumb a fourth function or divert a third function like SSdoxie did. To change attachments once or twice a day for me is a lot. As many times as I am getting on and off the tractor it wouldn't save a lot of energy. Since I may to get off to connect or disconnect third function hoses anyway I would not spend the money to do it.

/ Quick Connect for FEL Bucket #10  
Another option is an electric actuator. They run on 12 volts, and operate much the way a hydraulic cylinder does, with several hundred pounds of force. I think Surplus Center might have them. It might even cost less than going the hydraulic route. My New Holland round baler has 2 of them for tying and wrapping.

Paul