wood conveyor

/ wood conveyor #1  

plumbstraight

Silver Member
Tractor
5300 John deere,53 harry ferguson, ck20 kioti, 135 ferguson, 350jd dozer, k40 kubota excavator
There was a discussion and some folks were asking for some pics. This is just a 20ft hay conveyor that I fixed up to handle wood. Hope the pics will give you some help.

Attachments

• 2014-10-29 04.36.16.jpg
    2014-10-29 04.36.16.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 511
   / wood conveyor #2  
Only way to make it look better would be with a great big old pile of freshly split wood. Makes my back feel better just looking at it.

/ wood conveyor
here is the wood before the conveyor had to toss into a pile.

Attachments

• P1020664.jpg
    P1020664.jpg
    800.7 KB · Views: 392
   / wood conveyor #4  
Very nice job! I need one myself but haven't found a good used one to work with yet.

/ wood conveyor #5  
I would like to have a conveyor to handle wood. I see hay conveyors on CL every once in a while for reasonable cost. What do you do to modify them for wood use if anything? LUTT

/ wood conveyor #6  
plumbstraight, one of those "some folks" was me :)

Thanks for remembering - checked the pic, doesn't appear that you modified the dogs on the chain at all. I'm guessing the shallow angle on your steel add-ons is just enough to center the pieces, and that enough wood pieces catch on the existing dogs so it works well?

I also see that yours is on wheels (steel conveyors ain't light) - does yours have a winch setup that changes geometry so BOTH ends can be at whatever height you need? That's the plan for mine, still looking for a cheap axle/tires on CL and will fab the rest.

Again, thanks for remembering... Steve

/ wood conveyor
plumbstraight, one of those "some folks" was me :)

Thanks for remembering

I tried to upload the pic of the system. I just put a crossmember at the joint just forward of center at the seam on the conveyor. Put a hook on that, a hook on the forward/high end of the slider that is on the axle up to the conveyor and pull them together raising it. the bottom part from the axle is bolted to the sides of the conveyor so it can swivel on a bolt on each side.

/ wood conveyor
the teeth on the conveyor are enough to do the job. I have to put he round part down so they catch, but for the most part unless I try to go too steep it is fine. The bottom part of the axle that goes to the motor area on both sides is solid to the axle but pivots on the frame on both sides. The upper part slides on the bottom of the conveyor. I put a crossmember on the bottom of the frame with a hook. Then put a hook on the part that slides toward the motor end thereby raising the conveyor. I just use a comealong, it works fine.

/ wood conveyor #9  
Thanks, I was wondering about that! LUTT