My homemade quicktach pallet forks...

/ My homemade quicktach pallet forks... #1  

swa240z

Tractor
JD 4300 HST MFWD
Well, I finally finished the pallet fork attachement for my JD4300. It works on my 430 loader and the 3 point hitch. Total cost for this project was about $225 ($75 for the forks, $50 for shearing, about $75 in new/used steel, and about $25 in misc. stuff).

I want to thank rancar for giving me some measurements off the JD version. As you can see, I made a few modifications so that it would work with the type of forks that I found.

BTW, this was my first welding project ever. I bought a Millermatic 210 this fall so I could make some stuff. The next big project will be a 4 in 1 bucket (I hope).

forklift.jpg

picture 1
picture 2
picture 3
picture 4
picture 5
picture 6
picture 7

Steve

/ My homemade quicktach pallet forks... #3  
Looks great to me, and very similar to the Deere factory forks that I have. Good professional looking job. I expect you will like them as well as I like mine. No substitute for many chores. This spring, I am going to see if mine will mine some surface limestone for use as patio blocks. I turned some up with a sub-soiler tooth when tree planting, and will go looking for more with the forks soon.

PS Can you resize the pics so they fit on the screen? Thanks

/ My homemade quicktach pallet forks... #4  
Great job on the forks. I can't wait to get some, it seems like they would be one of the handiest attachments to have. Where did you find the forks for that price??

/ My homemade quicktach pallet forks...
JN4310 -

I got REAL lucky on the forks. I had been checking a local scrap yard about every weekend to see if they had any forks and finally found these. When I found them, one of the forks had a slight bend in the tip. They guy said he wanted $150, but when I told him that one of them was bent, he settled for $75 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve

hey beenthere!

I'm still looking for a good used snow plow so I can weld up a rig like yours. If I can find one, that will be my next project. I have aleady rounded up all of the steel for the mount. The 4 in 1 can wait till this spring.

Steve

sassafraspete -

The forks slide on the top and bottom rail like a regular forklift. This picture shows what the top bracket on the fork looks like. There's another one at the bottom of the fork. I left a notch on either side of the bottom rail so I can take the forks off by sliding them all the way to the ends.

BTW, where in Brown County are you located??

forklift8.jpg

forklift9.jpg

Steve

/ My homemade quicktach pallet forks... #9  
Steve,

Forks look great along with the T'n'T. Your forks attachment for the 3pt is much cleaner than mine. Great job.

PS: I have a 4 in 1 bucket on my 430 FEL if you need any pictures, etc. of the JD bucket.

Jim

/ My homemade quicktach pallet forks... #10  
Very nice job. I have a set similar to yours for my skid steer. I use them all the time. I even used them to help dig rocks out of ground when I was putting in posts before getting an auger.

When you get that 4N1 bucket done that welder will more than paid for itself.

Keep up the good work
Eric