Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tractor
    JD 4300 HST MFWD

Default My homemade quicktach pallet forks...

Well, I finally finished the pallet fork attachement for my JD4300. It works on my 430 loader and the 3 point hitch. Total cost for this project was about $225 ($75 for the forks, $50 for shearing, about $75 in new/used steel, and about $25 in misc. stuff).

I want to thank rancar for giving me some measurements off the JD version. As you can see, I made a few modifications so that it would work with the type of forks that I found.

BTW, this was my first welding project ever. I bought a Millermatic 210 this fall so I could make some stuff. The next big project will be a 4 in 1 bucket (I hope).

picture 1
    picture 2
    picture 3
    picture 4
    picture 5
    picture 6
    picture 7

Steve

Platinum Member
    not heaven but you can see it from here... Brown County , Southern In.
    Tractor
    Branson (kukje) 4020, 40hp turbo

Default Re: My homemade quicktach pallet forks...

Pretty impressive. Your first welding job too. You can be proud of that work.

a fellow Hoosier

sassafraspete

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

Looks great to me, and very similar to the Deere factory forks that I have. Good professional looking job. I expect you will like them as well as I like mine. No substitute for many chores. This spring, I am going to see if mine will mine some surface limestone for use as patio blocks. I turned some up with a sub-soiler tooth when tree planting, and will go looking for more with the forks soon.

PS Can you resize the pics so they fit on the screen? Thanks

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 4120, X595, Cat 259D Ctl

Great job on the forks. I can't wait to get some, it seems like they would be one of the handiest attachments to have. Where did you find the forks for that price??

Tractor
    JD 4300 HST MFWD

JN4310 -

I got REAL lucky on the forks. I had been checking a local scrap yard about every weekend to see if they had any forks and finally found these. When I found them, one of the forks had a slight bend in the tip. They guy said he wanted $150, but when I told him that one of them was bent, he settled for $75 [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Steve

Tractor
    JD 4300 HST MFWD

hey beenthere!

I'm still looking for a good used snow plow so I can weld up a rig like yours. If I can find one, that will be my next project. I have aleady rounded up all of the steel for the mount. The 4 in 1 can wait till this spring.

Steve

Platinum Member
    not heaven but you can see it from here... Brown County , Southern In.
    Tractor
    Branson (kukje) 4020, 40hp turbo

How are those forks hooking onto that bracket? Are they fixed or can you change the spacing? Can't tell, but looked like a cam clamp or something?

Tractor
    JD 4300 HST MFWD

sassafraspete -

The forks slide on the top and bottom rail like a regular forklift. This picture shows what the top bracket on the fork looks like. There's another one at the bottom of the fork. I left a notch on either side of the bottom rail so I can take the forks off by sliding them all the way to the ends.

BTW, where in Brown County are you located??

Steve

Tractor
    JD 4300

Steve,

Forks look great along with the T'n'T. Your forks attachment for the 3pt is much cleaner than mine. Great job.

PS: I have a 4 in 1 bucket on my 430 FEL if you need any pictures, etc. of the JD bucket.

Jim

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota M9000DTL 2001 JD 2252 Orchard Tractor Cat 216 Skidsteer 1999 JD 450H Dozer 1994 JD 644G wheel loader

Very nice job. I have a set similar to yours for my skid steer. I use them all the time. I even used them to help dig rocks out of ground when I was putting in posts before getting an auger.

When you get that 4N1 bucket done that welder will more than paid for itself.

Keep up the good work
    Eric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast