Firewood Storage The Easy Way - Pallet Wood Sheds

/ Firewood Storage The Easy Way - Pallet Wood Sheds #1  

Rednic79

Bronze Member
Tractor
Homemade
hello people, i've come up with this easy way to store and move firewood using my 3-point hitch on the tractor. I picked up an old set of bale forks that i modified for moving pallets...i thought some of you may have a use for this style of wood storage. check it out, thanks
http://youtu.be/2aZehXZubGU?list=UU1mKhRHboBqZtWReEAklCpg

/ Firewood Storage The Easy Way - Pallet Wood Sheds
thanks ! I'm really happy with it. and so is my back!

/ Firewood Storage The Easy Way - Pallet Wood Sheds #4  
I've got the metal cages from some IBC totes & SSQA pallet forks. The cages hold the wood fine & have a built in pallet. Can get end for cheap if the bladder is nasty then toss the bladder.

/ Firewood Storage The Easy Way - Pallet Wood Sheds #5  
Nicely done, I told my better half thatcwe needed to keep scrounging pallets.

We have been using firewood bags on pallets, and covering them with billboard tarps, which is OK, but because they lay right on top of the bag, some circulation is inevitably lost.

RedNic,

Nicely done, thanks for sharing...

Do you get much snow blown into the inside of your "sheds"?

How do you move the wood from there to the house?
Thomas

yeah i suppose you get some snow inside when it blows, but no more than any other wood shed. i use my pallet/bale forks on a 3 point hitch to drop it beside the house and move them around. those steel cages would work too, but there not free. i suppose they would last longer though. and would be good for tossing wood into instead of stacking

/ Firewood Storage The Easy Way - Pallet Wood Sheds #7  
yeah i suppose you get some snow inside when it blows, but no more than any other wood shed. i use my pallet/bale forks on a 3 point hitch to drop it beside the house and move them around. those steel cages would work too, but there not free. i suppose they would last longer though. and would be good for tossing wood into instead of stacking

Could always make a door from Burlap or something.

/ Firewood Storage The Easy Way - Pallet Wood Sheds #8  
Great idea , pallets are easy to come by for me, may have make a few of these. Murph is right, burlap or canvas tarp! LUTT

/ Firewood Storage The Easy Way - Pallet Wood Sheds #9  
Nice! Think I might switch to this. May also be good to put them on a trailer for off site splitting, then unload at home with forks. So much less handling!

Nice! Think I might switch to this. May also be good to put them on a trailer for off site splitting, then unload at home with forks. So much less handling!

YES! I like the trailer idea...i'll do that this weekend, the less lifting the better my friend!