JD 3038E Homemade Cab II

/ JD 3038E Homemade Cab II #1  

hrspwrranch

Tractor
deere 3038e
I am building a cab for my 2014 John Deere 3038E. I plan to use canvas doors with clear plastic for see through windows. I had a JD 750 with this type of cab and it worked fine to keep the wind off when plowing snow. I will attach pictures as I go along. I am using 1X1 square tubing for the frame. I am building it in pieces so I can put it on by myself. I made a windshield hoop first. i built it to stay tight to the loader on the upright and tilted it to be parallel with the ROPS. I used a HF tubing bender to bend the square tubing. I will post pics and progress as I go along.

JD 3038E with quick attach plow and back blade for snow removalView attachment 404725View attachment 404727View attachment 404730

/ JD 3038E Homemade Cab II #3  
Your attachments are not visible so we cannot see what great work you are doing.
Are you using a hosting service to upload your photos to and then pasting the link they provide to your posting on this forum?
I use 301 Moved Permanently but there are others.
Dave m7040

/ JD 3038E Homemade Cab II
I am building a cab for my 2014 John Deere 3038E. I plan to use canvas doors with clear plastic for see through windows. I had a JD 750 with this type of cab and it worked fine to keep the wind off when plowing snow. I will attach pictures as I go along. I am using 1X1 square tubing for the frame. I am building it in pieces so I can put it on by myself. I made a windshield hoop first. i built it to stay tight to the loader on the upright and tilted it to be parallel with the ROPS. I used a HF tubing bender to bend the square tubing. I will post pics and progress as I go along.

JD 3038E with quick attach plow and back blade for snow removalView attachment 404725View attachment 404727View attachment 404730

2lcl4d4.jpg

trying to get the pictures to link.

Another pic of mount and the front hoop
2j1skdw.jpg

34q4gvr.jpg

2uqzzug.jpg

Last edited:
   / JD 3038E Homemade Cab II #7  
Coming along very well.

Thanks for the kind words!

I have finished the front and rear hoops and have them mounted with the center portion of the roof. Because I didn't want this to be a big box that sat on the out side of the tractor, i am actually going to bring the roof in from 48" in the back to 39" in the front. I am going to make the bend to match the floor board angle. That's what I hope to accomplish today.
This is a picture of them all bolted together. I had to use it to plow as we received a nice 6" snow last night.
2q23k8o.jpg

This is picture of how I mounted the rear hoop to ROPS
n6qfxi.jpg

zujx3s.jpg

/ JD 3038E Homemade Cab II #9  
Be careful of your clearance to get it out of your garage! Looking elegant!

Be careful of your clearance to get it out of your garage! Looking elegant!
I made sure it will fit in the barn and that i can get it out of garage. Thanks for the complement.