I have Benn thinking of adding a log lift to my mtd log
splitter. I don't believe I have the room for a hydrologic lift
but I have thought about using an engine type lift. I saw one a
harbor freight that mounts on the back of a truck with both a hydrologic
ram and a cable. I would make my own base that I cs n move
with my tractor forks. Has anyone else thought of this.thank you
for any ideas

/ logsplitter lift #2  
Check out the Log Mule on you tube. It might work for you. I have the hydraulic log lift on my wood splitter and it works very well.
IMG_1937.jpg
A 32 inch oak round on the wood splitter. The log lift makes a good infeed table for small rounds to be split.

/ logsplitter lift #3  
The side leg type have there advantages of acting like a staging area, but my splitter has the cherry picker type and I use a set of homemade tongs to lift the log with the boom, the nice part about a boom lift is you just swing the log right onto the beam and the log can be anywhere in the splitters vicinity and you can grab it and lower it right onto the beam. I prefer the boom style I've picked up logs I could barely roll!

/ logsplitter lift #4  
Heres mine works great and removable .a steel shaft behind the wedge out of the way,and the hoist mount is a peice of pipe,just lift round with winch,swing around and un hook my 150 lb wife does it.the best part is just lift whole thing off if you dont need it on there.

Attachments

• image-176861610.jpg
    image-176861610.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 2,998
  • image-3848773216.jpg
    image-3848773216.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 768
   / logsplitter lift #5  
I'd like to see some close up pictures of the boom lift pivots, etc. Very nice work!

/ logsplitter lift #6  
Its down in my sawmill when i go snowblow tonight ill get picd

/ logsplitter lift #8  
A lift table is definately the way to go,and serves as a staging area.i use my splitter in the woods and sometimes its not easy to turn around,so in that case i wanted to be able to stand on either side of the machine to split.
With the winch we can reach way out as far as the cable will reach and pull the rounds in to the splitter.ive learned to hook on one edge of the round rather than middle(so it cant roll).once youve got cable tension it wont slip off
That being said ,a lift table is way quicker i bet,but i guess it boils down to are you in the woods,or splitting from a pile

/ logsplitter lift #10  
The pics i promised pretty simple

Attachments

• image-4240925677.jpg
    image-4240925677.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 281
  • image-1133151936.jpg
    image-1133151936.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 325