McCain Manure Spreader?

/ McCain Manure Spreader? #1  

jessehar

Tractor
ford 3000
I recently bought a trailer chassis for hauling stuff around the farm. There is a differential on the wheels so that as the trailer is moved and the wheels turn, there is a high torque spinning force available to use. There is a contraption called the McCain Mixer Spaceman's Papercrete Mixer
In which this force is used to chop and mix a paper slurry for construction. I am hoping to utilize this force for a diy manure spreader. One idea I have had is a slated conveyor belt that is fed manure from a hopper. Maybe a typical broadcast spreader on a larger scale?

Anybody have any ideas, or better yet - experience on/with this'?

/ McCain Manure Spreader? #2  
Remember the torque you can get from the differential is the least traction of the two wheels. Meaning if one wheel is sliding in the mud, the diff output shaft will stop turning.

/ McCain Manure Spreader? #3  
:welcome:
To the forum.

/ McCain Manure Spreader?
Thanks. I wouldn't have thought of that. Being that the trailer is to be towed, rather than propelling itself, I don't imagine I will have that problem. Maybe when making sharp turns the wheels will spin at different rates and affect the torque.

/ McCain Manure Spreader? #5  
I thought you were talking about THIS McCain manure spreader

20081031_mccain5_33.jpg

/ McCain Manure Spreader? #7  
If you pull the cover on the dif and weld up the side gears you will effectively lock the dif and as long as one wheel is turning so will the yoke.